Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt5.9 VNC Support

• Hi guys!

According to the changelog of Qt5.8, vnc is back. I'm currently on Qt5.9 and i was able to launch my application with vnc enable like this:

./myQt59app -platform vnc:size=272x480

Via my VNC client everything works very well, however i have nothing displayed on the screen of my board :( . Do you have any idea on how to launch a qt5.9 application on a board and have a remote access via VNC ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

I'm not sure whether it's possible to have several backends running at the same time. Anyway, you should rather ask that on the interest mailing list. You'll find there Qt's developers/maintainers. This forum is more user oriented.

• Hi @SGaist ,

Thanks again for the input. I wasn't sure if it was possible. I will ask anyway to be 100% sure.
    If it's not possible, i will stick with my old approach which is to use a separate vncserver (x11vnc).

Thanks.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Good ! Then please report back here the result of the conversation or a link to it

• You can vote here: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-58964
    I hope that Qt developers solve this issue.

• @deleted184 said in Qt5.9 VNC Support:

Hi guys!

According to the changelog of Qt5.8, vnc is back. I'm currently on Qt5.9 and i was able to launch my application with vnc enable like this:

./myQt59app -platform vnc:size=272x480

Via my VNC client everything works very well, however i have nothing displayed on the screen of my board :( . Do you have any idea on how to launch a qt5.9 application on a board and have a remote access via VNC ?

I am using qt5.9 and i am able to start my qt application with vnc backend.However, when seeing from vncviewer or bnvc on android, i can only see a small part of my applicaiton( 1024x600 for my applicaiton , but on vnc client i can only see 1/4 part of the whole display).
    The following is my procedure:
    on my embedded linux server, run ./myQt59app -platform vnc:size=1024x600 in terminnal; on andriod ,using vnc viewer or bVNC to listen to ip address and port of my linux device. But both app can only see nearly 1/4 of the whole display.

What is your procedure?Thanks!