XCode 8, Qt 5.8, iOS app xCodeBuild error

• I recently updated to MacOS and Xcode 8. Qt (5.8) wasn't working but I fixed it for Desktop applications using the following link. Now Qt works for desktop applications but not when I try to create iOS applications.

I can run QMake but when I try to deploy the app to my iPhone or run the simulator but when I try to build (and run it on the iPhone) I get the following message:

error: Xcodebuild failed.

When I try to run it on the simulator I get the following messages:

error: Failed to run -q -iphone -f 0 -rem text /Qt_Projects/build-HomeClient-iphonesimulator_clang_Qt_5_8_0_for_iOS-Debug/HomeClient.xcodeproj/Default-568h@2x.png /Users/DevLakhia14/Qt_Projects/build-HomeClient-iphonesimulator_clang_Qt_5_8_0_for_iOS-Debug/Debug-iphonesimulator/HomeClient.app/Default-568h@2x.png

error: Xcodebuild failed.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Are you experiencing the same with a default project ?

• Yup, I tried it on the TouchInteraction example for iOS and the same thing happened

• What happens if you only choose "Run qmake" in Qt Creator (available with right-click on project), and then open the *.xcodeproj file that is created in the build directory.

Can you build / run the project with XCode or do you see a more detailed error then?

• Qt Champions 2016

@dl14 I have experienced similar behavior.
    for me this helps:

• Build APP in QTCreator
    • Open generated Xcode project in Xcode, select correct signing informations, wait until Xcode has compiled the project
    • from now on it compiles and deploys from QtCreator

This happens only one time for each APP

• This is the following error message I get when I build it in XCode after doing QMake in Qt:

Compress PNG File Error:
    Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/copypng failed with exit
    code 255

• Qt Champions 2016

@dl14 those errors usually went away if you delete the build dir, clean project and build again

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.