mingw32-make: [install_target] make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified. (Windows 10, Android)

• I used to be able to simply build an APK package with Qt Creator. But now with Qt 5.7.1 and Qt Creator 4.2 I get the following error:

12:59:11: The process "D:\Qt\Tools\mingw530_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited normally.
    12:59:11: Starting: "D:\Qt\Tools\mingw530_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe" "INSTALL_ROOT=C:/Users/furkanzmc/ProjectBuilds/Ekinoks/Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_7_0/Debug/android-build" install
    cp -f libEkinoks.so C:/Users/furkanzmc/ProjectBuilds/Ekinoks/Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_7_0/Debug/android-build/libs/armeabi-v7a/libEkinoks.so
    Makefile:841: recipe for target 'install_target' failed
    process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, cp -f libEkinoks.so C:/Users/furkanzmc/ProjectBuilds/Ekinoks/Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_7_0/Debug/android-build/libs/armeabi-v7a/libEkinoks.so, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

mingw32-make: [install_target] Error 2 (ignored)

cp -f command gives the following error on PowerShell

Copy-Item : Parameter cannot be processed because the parameter name 'f' is ambiguous. Possible matches include: -Force
     -Filter.
    At line:1 char:4
    + cp -f
    +    ~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Copy-Item], ParameterBindingException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AmbiguousParameter,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.CopyItemCommand

So I think mingw32-make is calling the cp with wrong parameter. Is there a way for me to override that behaviour?
    A possible solution is disabling the make install step and manually copying the libEkinoks.so file to the target folder. I can also add a custom step to copy that file every time. But I still have to run make install. So it's not a real solution.

• I don't think it tries to use PowerShell's cp, but it thinks that the Unix set of commands are available. This might give some ideas:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28801754/qmake-generated-makefile-for-win32-g-platform-contains-unix-commands

Of course, as the building worked before, this could be a bug in 5.7.1. I'd try 5.8 -- it is now at release candidate stage and should work pretty well.

• Moderators

@Furkanzmc Why do you use MinGW for Android?
    It looks like your Android Kit isn't configured properly.

• Thanks @mvuori, that did solve my problem. Tuırns out I had SourceTree's local git in my PATH, removing that from PATH solved the issue.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.