Qt5 and QtCreator on Raspberry pi3

• Hi

I have the raspberry pi 3 model B version 1.2 . Then I installed qt5-default and qt install using the following command:

$ sudo apt-get install qt5-default
    $ sudo apt-get install qtcreator

Then I tried to create a simple project for just C++ development and to my surprise

#include <iostream>

is not recognized. I want to write code and compile over the raspberry pi platform. Is there anything in the process I missed or the whole thing is done in the wrong way ?

Thanks

• Hi! Did you install the rest of the tool chain, too? Like GCC, make, etc?

• Hi

I just checked that gcc and make is already installed as follows:

gcc (Raspbian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2

and

GNU Make 4.0

Where more to look into ?

Thanks

• In Qt Creator, under Tools > Options > Build & Run > Kits, does it show an auto-detected kit?

• Hi

I think the problem is here. There is no auto-detected kit here. Instead something is set under manual while I did not set anything by myself and it mentions the following:

Desktop (there is an error red sign beside it and it also mentions that No compiler set in kit when I hover the cursor over it)

The compiler tab does not show any compiler either auto-detected or manually set.

Now the device type is set to Desktop and I changed it to Generic Linux Device , but the error sign prevails. I think I have to add the device manually.

Did I provide with enough information to fix this issue ?

Thnaks

• @sajis997 said in Qt5 and QtCreator on Raspberry pi3:

Did I provide with enough information to fix this issue ?

I think so, yes. Although I don't know how to fix it right now, I'm sure someone else (*cough* @SGaist *cough*) can help.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Did you install the build-essentials package ?

My first guess would be that you didn't install g++ which is done for you by the build-essentials package.

• Both of them are installed to their respective newest version

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then do you have the libstdc++ installed properly ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.