Qt Mobility in QtSDK

• Hello everyone,

I am trying to play with the APIs of QtMobility, but i am having compiling errors. I am including the following headers:

@
    #include <qmessageservice>
    #include <qmessage>
    #include <qmessageaddress>
    #include <qmessageManager>
    @

Then, i am adding the macro QTM_USE_NAMESPACE, then in the main code i am doing something like this:

@
    int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication app(argc, argv);

QMessageService* serviceAction = new QMessageServiceAction();

@

But i am having the following errors:

C:\Users\JTorres\Documents\QtProjects\QML\QtMobilityExamples\main.cpp:14: error: expected type-specifier before 'QMessageServiceAction'
    C:\Users\JTorres\Documents\QtProjects\QML\QtMobilityExamples\main.cpp:14: error: cannot convert 'int*' to 'QtMobility::QMessageService*' in initialization
    C:\Users\JTorres\Documents\QtProjects\QML\QtMobilityExamples\main.cpp:14: error: expected ',' or ';' before 'QMessageServiceAction'

In the .pro file i am adding "mobility":

@
    CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY += messaging
    @

Anyone knows what i am doing wrong?, it is like the compiler is not finding the right headers.

Thanks in advance!

• What target are you building for (Simulator, Desktop, etc.)?

• [quote author="loladiro" date="1309473181"]What target are you building for (Simulator, Desktop, etc.)?[/quote]

Symbian^3

• How about the code in Line 14 ?

• [quote author="Chuck.Gao" date="1309483595"]How about the code in Line 14 ?[/quote]

This is the complete code in main that i wrote just for testing:

@
    #include <QtGui/QApplication>
    #include <qmessageservice>
    #include <qmessage>
    #include <qmessageaddress>
    #include <qmessageManager>
    #include "qmlapplicationviewer.h"

QTM_USE_NAMESPACE

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication app(argc, argv);

QMessageService* serviceAction = new QMessageServiceAction();

QmlApplicationViewer viewer;
    viewer.setOrientation(QmlApplicationViewer::ScreenOrientationAuto);
    viewer.setMainQmlFile&#40;QLatin1String("qml/QtMobilityExamples/main.qml"&#41;);
    viewer.showExpanded();

return app.exec();

delete serviceAction;

}
    @

• I'm sorry, but what's the QMessageServiceAction ? It seems that's the problem.

• I can't find the Class introduction in Qt document. So, where you find the code ?

• [quote author="Chuck.Gao" date="1309485224"]I'm sorry, but what's the QMessageServiceAction ? It seems that's the problem.[/quote]

You`re absolutely right!!!!, i was changing the code "QMessageServiceAction" to "QMessageService", but i couldn't see that i forgot to change one of them, so sorry, my misstake...

[quote author="Chuck.Gao" date="1309485283"]I can't find the Class introduction in Qt document. So, where you find the code ?[/quote]

I have found it in a book called "Qt for Symbian", maybe in Qt Mobility 1.0 that class exists....

By the way, is it normal that the headers appear "underlined" like if it doesn't exist:

!http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7177/headersnw.png!

• I think them should be
    @
    #include <qmessageservice.h>
    #include <qmessage.h>
    #include <qmessageaddress.h>
    #include <qmessageManager.h>
    @

• [quote author="Chuck.Gao" date="1309487447"]I think them should be
    @
    #include <qmessageservice.h>
    #include <qmessage.h>
    #include <qmessageaddress.h>
    #include <qmessageManager.h>
    @[/quote]

either that or
    @
    #include <QMessageService>
    #include <QMessage>
    #include <QMessageAddress>
    #include <QMessageManager>
    @
    Also as long as the compiler doesn't give you a header not found warning, it may be ok that it's underlined in Qt Creator (the include path is set through qmake and I don't know if Qt Creator parses that properly-there are two different parser implementation and qmake's is larger).

• Chunk.Gao is the same behaviour:

!http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2765/headers2.png(headers)!

[quote author="loladiro" date="1309515767"]either that or
    @
    #include <QMessageService>
    #include <QMessage>
    #include <QMessageAddress>
    #include <QMessageManager>
    @
    Also as long as the compiler doesn't give you a header not found warning, it may be ok that it's underlined in Qt Creator (the include path is set through qmake and I don't know if Qt Creator parses that properly-there are two different parser implementation and qmake's is larger).
    [/quote]

It still underline in Qt Creator:

!http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/571/headers3.png!

The compiler doesn't give me any warning about those headers, i mean it compiles fine...but the Qt Classes that are inside that headers, won't be highlighted in the code editor and i can't use the autocompletion method because the Qt Creator parser doesn't find those headers...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.