QT Embedded autostart Problem

• Hi Folks!

Im using an embedded board with an IMX287 CPU and I have a custom designed Yocto(Poky) with kernel version 3.17 running on it. I used core-image-sato as Image recipe and have also included qt4-embedded on it.

I wrote an diashow like demo program which reads out some files and depending on the file value it shows some pictures after a button click. When I start the program manually with the option -qws it works fine.

Now I want to start the programm automaticly after booting.
    I wrote an bash script (demo.sh) which I included into /etc/init.d and added it to the boot routine with "update-rc.d demo.sh start 99 3"( I boot into runlevel 3 with no xserver). So it starts automaticly after the booting as the last Program.

Here is the problem: After the start ,theprogram looks like normaly. But after a touch on the touchscreen , it kind of crashes: The mouse disappers and the buttons does not react. Todebug I used some labels to show me some function Values. I can see that a function which is called by a timer every 50ms is working and some touchpoints get detected. But no reaction at some functions and after clicking a button.

In the bash I start the program in background with "./demo -qws &" so the bootroutine can finish.

greetings and thanks in advance
    Chris

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

IIRC you should have a skeleton of start script that you can follow in order to make your application start more integrated in your system.

Hope it helps

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.