Error with custom QML module on Android: module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed

• Hi,

I'm developing a custom QML module that contains some custom QML items. One of them is a "MainWindow" type that inherits from the Window QML type (via import QtQuick.Window 2.2). The QML module is installed right into the qml directories of my Qt installation (..\5.5\mingw492_32\qml and ..\5.5\android_armv7\qml respectively).

When I write an application that imports my module, it works fine on Windows. When I try to deploy and execute it on Android I get the following Error:

D (null):0 ((null)): [Plugin] initializing engine for "MyQmlModule"
    W (null):0 ((null)): QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
    W (null):0 ((null)): qrc:/main.qml:4 Type MainWindow unavailable
    W qrc:/MyQmlModule/MainWindow.qml:2 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed

It seems that qmlimportscanner doesn't detect the dependency of MyQmlModule to the QtQuick.Window module.

Any ideas what to do about it?

• I did some digging and found that adding a QML-file to the application project containing all imports used in the QML Module (library) will add all necessary dependencies to the Android APK.

import QtQuick 2.3
    import QtQuick.Controls 1.2
    import QtQuick.Controls.Styles 1.2
    import QtQuick.Layouts 1.1
    import QtQuick.Window 2.2
    import Qt.labs.folderlistmodel 2.1
    import QtGraphicalEffects 1.0
    QtObject {}

But I can't help but wonder if there is another way of doing this directly in my custom module? Is there any Qt-conformant way to provide a list of dependencies to the android build that doesn't involve adding a file to all projects that import the module?

• Turns out that adding the depends keyword to the qmldir file of MyModule did the trick.
    (see also:

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.