How to document QML and C++ code?
vishnu last edited by vishnu
I would like to document my QML and C++ code. Can any one suggest me the best way to do it?
When i googled it. I got to know the plugin Doxygen but i think its only for c++(I am not sure whether it can generate for QML code as well).
I have drawn class diagrams for c++ and qml . please have a look here. you can also edit and comment.
@vishnu Did you try QDoc ?
QML too is supported. See following:
vishnu last edited by vishnu
I didn't know about QDoc. Thanks for that but I am unable to understand the description.
How should i generate QDoc configuration file? i see the description here here. but not able to understand it. It is given that
To run qdoc, the project configuration file is supplied as an argument.
where should i provide the argument?
Specifying the path to the source directories allow QDoc to find sources and generate documentation.
where should i specify ? In .pro file or where exactly ?
where should i run the cmd prompt in windows?
eg: all my project files are in this location
C:\Qt\Lely\LelyUI4>and i opened a cmd promt here. now what to do ? . Can you please describe step wise?
Also they claim that with Qt5.5 it saves time suing single execution mode. here it is .I didn't understand where should i run thi cmd
/Users/me/qt5/qtbase/bin/qdoc -outputdir /Users/me/qt5/qtbase/doc -installdir /Users/me/qt5/qtbase/doc /Users/me/qt5/master.qdocconf -single-exec
Thanks a lot.
@vishnu Unfortunately I too haven't used the tool myself. Perhaps you to create your own
qdocconfconfiguration file depending upon your requirement. The docs seems to be explaining all the required stuff. Try out the sample conf file mentioned on that page. The tool can be run from anywhere as long as the tool path and conf file path and project paths are valid.
coffee247 last edited by
@vishnu In a project called RBIMS, I created a text docuemt called RBIMS.qdocconf which contained the following text:
include(compat.qdocconf) project = RBIMS outputdir += ./html headerdirs += . sourcedirs += . exampledirs = . imagedirs = ./images headers.fileextensions = "*.h *.ch *.h++ *.hh *.hpp *.hxx" sources.fileextensions = "*.cpp *.qdoc *.mm *.qml"
I used the following command (executed from within my project folder) at the command line:
This produced an XML file in the html folder inside my project.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE QDOCINDEX> <INDEX url="" title="RBIMS Reference Documentation" version="" project="RBIMS"> <namespace name="" status="active" access="public" module="rbims"> ... ... Code removed for brevity ... virtual="non" const="false" static="false" final="false" override="false" type="bool" signature="bool createDatabase()"/> <function name="database" fullname="database::database" href="database.html#database" status="active" access="public" location="database.h" filepath="/home/jim/Qt_Projects/RBIMS/database.h" lineno="36" documented="true" meta="constructor" virtual="non" const="false" static="false" final="false" override="false" type="" brief="Database::database test constructor doc parent" signature="database(int *parent)"> <parameter type="int *" name="parent" default="nullptr"/> </function>
You can see (toward the end) that ....
brief="Database::database test constructor doc parent"
is created, which was a
/*! * \brief database::database test constructor doc * \param parent */
Qdoc comment in my code.