QAudioDeviceInfo::availableDevices always returning devices even when no microphone is attached.

• Hello ,
    I am trying to enumerate audio devices on the system (Windows7 Qt4.8 msvc2010) and the call to

QAudioDeviceInfo::availableDevices ( QAudio::AudioInput );

always returns a list with a few devices even when I have no device( attached to the PC.
    It is returning

Microphone /Line In(Sigmatel)  and 

on one of my test boxes.I suspect that it is a problem with the system set up on my particular machine as I tested on a machine(Desktop) at my workplace by chance and it returns 0 when there is no microphone attached.

This problem doesn't only affect QAudioDeviceInfo ,it also affects my openCV module to detect the attached web cams.(I know this is another topic but I suspect that the two problems are related).

Any hints on how I can get QAudioDeviceInfo::availableDevices to return 0 when no mic is attached ?

Thank you for your time.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

That's rather a Windows problem. Qt queries Windows to get the list of devices so it's your system that's returning something fishy

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.