QTWebEngine final link failed for Qt5.5.0 single archive on ARM iMX6 cross compile.

• Hi,

We are trying to build the opensource Qt5.5.0 using single archive and QtWebEngine is failing link (link command is 40.5k characters long :/) with undefined reference errors for qt_gl_global_share_context(), QString::toLower_helper(QString const&), QSGSimpleTextureNode::setSourceRect(QRectF const&), QAccessible::removeActivationObserver(QAccessible::ActivationObserver*) and QAccessible::installActivationObserver(QAccessible::ActivationObserver*). The link command in linking against Qt5Core and Qt5Gui where these are defined. I am using a Gentoo gcc cross compiler 4.8.4. Using a later version of Gentoo gcc cross compiler 4.9.2 I get additional undefined references to std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, ...) and these are definitely . Using Qt 5.4.2 i get even more undefined references.

Since QtWebEngine embeds a chromium object in a Qt and as far as I can tell building chromium has problems building on small memory platforms < 4GB memory, I wondering if I'm hitting such an issue. The link is using the -fuse-ld=gold switch which is what chromium needs to link successfully.

Has anyone been able to successfully build QtWebEngine from tar ball releases that it has been deployed in.

Regards, Phill.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.