[SOLVED]Working With Files in Mobile Apps

• Hi!

I have a simple question , but it´s being hard for me understand where Qt and how i can setup my App to work with
    files, for example:

I have a specific folder in my aplication called "world" , and Inside of this folder i have all the shaders, textures , scripts and etc...used by my aplication.

This works fine for PC , Mac and Linux, but i dont know yet how i can setup this to be loaded properly by my aplication, for example:

I use this line of code to load a shader in my aplication:

@pINS3DPlatInterface->AddShader("../../INS/world/Shaders/vs/ins3dMobvs.glsl",ISH_VERTEX_SHADER_TYPE);@

But when i run it in Android the application not find it...

How can i setup a folder containing files to be load at runtime in android?

Kind Regards.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You have several possibilities: qrc or assets. Unless your files are big using Qt's resources system will simplify deployment since they are built-in your application.

Hope it helps

• Hi SGaist,

I try use qrc on the aplication and it fits perfectly with my needs and a Lot More!

Amazing, this solve the problem since i have now the same folter for all platforms and being accessed at the same manner in the code.

Beautifull!

Since i will distribute the files with the software, now i dont need code a lot of stuff to mantain compatibility between the different plafforms...really Cool!

Thanks so much for your help!

Kind Regards.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.