Can't get Tslib working with eglfs in Qt5.2

• Hi everyone

I've been trying for a few days to enable my apps to use tslib instead of evdev on my BeagleBone Black, but wasn't successful yet.
    This is what I did:
    1- Cross-compiled tslib and tested it on my board, everything works fine with ts_calibrate and ts_test. All environment variables set, everything good!
    2- I configured and cross-compiled Qt 5.2.1 from source using -tslib switch. Got the tslib plugin module in the plugin directory. Compiled my apps, all running good.
    3- Now the difficult part is that I tried almost all environment variables and command-line switches on my app. Seems that Qt totally disregards anything related to tslib. The module simply doesn't load. I have the touch input functionality but it's not perfect using the built-in evdev in eglfs. So I have to switch to tslib. Tried https://www.marshut.net/ikqnuu/touch-screen-events-seem-opposite-in-qt5-2.html but it disables the touch input altogether.

Any idea how to get tslib to work with eglfs?

Thanks in advance.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You should start your application with QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS set to 1 to see what might be failing when you run it

• Many thanks SGaist. That was a great start. Seems that my app can't find the tslib library file:

@
    QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "/usr/local/qt-5.2/plugins/generic/libqtslibplugin.so" : "Cannot load library /usr/local/qt-5.2/plugins/generic/libqtslibplugin.so: (libts-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)"
    @

However I did add the library path to my .pro file:

@
    QMAKE_LIBDIR += /usr/local/tslib/lib/
    QMAKE_LFLAGS += -L/usr/local/tslib/lib/ -Wl,-rpath-link=/usr/local/tslib/lib/
    LIBS += -L/usr/local/tslib/lib/
    @

I can get around this issue by just copying libts-1.0.so.0 to /usr/lib. But it would be nice to know what's wrong here.

• SGaist, I am also trying to calibrate my touch screen with the beagle bone black. In my case, I am not using any desktop enviornment and instead using concole based ubuntu. When I am trying to run "ts_calibrate" or "ts_test", I am getting error "ts_open: no Such file or directory" and "/dev/touchscreen/ucb1x00: No such file or directory". Can you guide me, how i can solve these issues?. Thanks

• Lifetime Qt Champion

AFAICS, you are trying to open a device that's not present on your system. You should first find the right device name for your touch device to configure tslib.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.