[Solved] Qt everywhere 5.3.2 source compile failure on beaglebone black with -DQT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT

• I'm planning on developing beaglebone debian 7.6 applications on a beaglebone black using Qt 5.3.2
    I compiled the qt everywhere 5.3.2 open source library fine on the beaglebone with the following configure options

configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -prefix /usr/local/qt-5.3.2 -no-largefile -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -no-nis -no-cups -opengl es2 -qt-xcb -qt-freetype -qt-xkbcommon -no-kms -v

And it compiles and works fine.
    However, the terminal is overrun with debugging messages and it runs very slow.
    I attempted to turn off the debugging messages using the option:

configure -v -opensource -confirm-license -prefix /usr/local/qt-5.3.2 -no-largefile -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -no-nis -no-cups -opengl es2 -qt-xcb -qt-freetype -qt-xkbcommon -no-kms -v -DQT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -DQT_NO_WARNING_OUTPUT

Now it compiles until it reaches qtdeclarative/src/quick/scenegraph/coreapi/qsgbatchrenderer.cpp:

src/qtdeclarative/src/quick/scenegraph/coreapi/qsgbatchrenderer.cpp:256:20: error: expected primary-expression before 'while'

It bombs out trying to compile the line

QDebug d = qDebug();

I'm compiling with gcc version 4.6.3-14

Any ideas on how to get the compile to work?
    Or another way to disable debug and warning console messages?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

There's a patch pending for 5.4 for that problem.

In between you can comment the offending code since it's all debugging related and you don't seem interested

• Commenting out the code that uses QDebug in a manner that throws exceptions when debug messages are turned off works.
    I successfully compiled the code with -DQT_NO_DEBUG_OUTPUT -DQT_NO_WARNING_OUTPUT.
    It runs without messages output to the console window.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Patch got in, so you'll be fine when 5.4 RC comes out

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.