What does moc_mainwindow.cpp do?

• What does moc_mainwindow.cpp do?
    I got many errors in moc_mainwindow when i compile

I change a new Qt5.3.0 editor running previous version. I change the Forms but when run it reflects the same last form.

• it seems that when i make changes to the Qt GUI, the code is not reflected. Why is this so?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

The moc files are generated from your headers containing QObject derived classes. What exact error are you getting ?

• i deleted GUI dialogbox, and i need to manually remove the dialogbox under public slots in headers.h else there will be compiler error.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Can you please show the code. Without it's pretty much impossible to tell what's going wrong.

• I solved the problem by recreating every GUI from scratch again on QTcreator 5.3.1

There is 2 problems:

1. Firstly I used QTcreator(opensource) to create projectGUI. When i used QTcreator 5.3.1 to open projectGUI, make amendment to the GUI. I run it the GUI is always the one last created by QTcreator(opensource).
    2. I understand that creating a GUI, added a slot by going 'go to slot', i need to remove the GUI at the same time the slot in header file.

• Can someone explain the sequence of how GUI is build?

My understanding is the GUI creates the mainwindow header file that create moc_mainwindow.cpp that has the ability to display

• This thing is bugging me continuously, ThreadMaster

1>I created a label ObjectName Picture in mainwindow.ui
    2>I check mainwindow.ui updated this variable <good>
    3>I go into my cpp file ui-> , intellisense never appear ObjectName Picture
    <<<Why>>>
    4.when i compile, issues is Class UI::MainWindows has no member named label call Picture

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Before going further you should first have a look at the "designer quick start":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/designer-quick-start.html guide and related examples.

The object name property is not the same thing as the name you give to your widget.

moc_mainwindow.cpp doesn't have that ability, the moc files contains the logic to make e.g. signals and slots working for your widget.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.