Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Integration of iOS frameworks in Qt Creator (Qt, QML)

• Hi all,

does anyone knows if frameworks like UIKit or iAd can be integrated in Qt Creator?
    I want to use them in a Qml app.

Thanx,
    Cochleas

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What do you mean by integrated in Qt Creator ? Write your software to use Apple's frameworks ?

• Yes. For example add in the *.pro file something to include the frameword, e.g.g the iAd.framework and then in the *.h and *.cpp file
    to include the header and use the class objects.

Even in the qml it would be interesting...

• I use iOS frameworks in Qt projects and it's very easy ... but you cannot use them from .cpp files because they are objective-C classes, so you have to add a .mm file to the project.
    And for use them in QML it's very easy: create a QObject subclass, implement it into an .mm file where you wrap any method you like of the framework and register the QObject for use it in QML.

In .pro files I use the following directive:
    @

This flag is necessary otherwise you get an link error

I open a bug reports for that

QMAKE_LFLAGS += -F/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks

Add the framework you need

LIBS += -framework AdSupport -framework StoreKit

the objective sources should be put in this variable

OBJECTIVE_SOURCES += backend_ios.mm
    @

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then the quickest is to take a look at QtMacExtras, you'll see how it's setup to work with frameworks.

You can't write Objective-C/C++ in qml files. You'll have to create a derived QObject class that you will use to call native functions/methods/etc...

• Thank you guys!!!
    I will check these and come back if I have still problems...

Thanks a lot!

• Hi Gianluca and SGaist,

as I am new into this field I would need some more help:

To Gianluca:
    Could you please post an example of such a subclass implementation in the *.mm file? Also what I have to put in the backend_ios.mm?

To SGaist:
    Could you also please post an example of creating a derived class?

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Take a look at the QtMacExtras module and the cocoa platform plugins, they show it nicely