Choosing QT vs. Objective-C/IOS

• I have a strong background in C/C++, however, I just started learning objective-C and making good progress. My question is should I switch to learning QT instead of objective-C ? I know the pros and cons about learning/using QT, i.e. it can be used for both Android and IOS. I'm a little hesitant and don't want to devote a lot of time if it could be spent elsewhere. Then again, I do not want to completely abandon my C++ skills either. I personally don't always have a lot of free time to begin with. Some words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Might not be the answer you wanted, but you should go with both. Qt indeed offers a good abstraction for most part you will need. But accessing some more advanced/specific iOS feature will require to know Objective-C (in this case it would be Objective-C++).

So in the end, you should first write down what you need, what Qt provides that you can directly use and what would be os-specific. Then you can see what effort you need.

Hope it helps

• I think you sort of answered my question. Thank you for having an objective opinion.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.