Cannot connect to X server error

• I've compiled QT for embedded (raspberry pi). Then compiled an application and send both libraries and app to raspberry.

When I wanted to run an application (./application -qws) I received an error:

• cannot connect to x serwer

I want to use qt which will be writing to virtual frame buffer instead of x server.

Do you know what could be wrong ? My another compilation with static linkage works fine.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Maybe a silly question but: are you sure you compiled your application using your Qt Embedded version ?

• Hi,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I did it twice to be sure. I do not understand why static linkage works fine and the same application with dynamic linkage wants to use X server. Should I start earlier qt server ? I suppose that -qws option starts my app as serwer. On X environment this app works fine, but i don't want to use X.

Kamil

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Maybe because when starting it first finds the X11 Qt libraries rather than the embedded version

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.