Hiring Qt UI Embedded Software Engineer - Waltham MA
Olympus NDT in Waltham Massachusetts is looking for a Senior or Principal Qt Embedded Software Engineer
Anyone who enjoys working in a dynamic environment with world class scientists and engineers on a broad range of very interesting technical and scientific challenges will be happy in this position. Especially if they are results oriented and interested in learning as much as they can to cultivate a systems perspective that can be applied to their work.
Software engineering group develops software and firmware for cutting edge XRF and XRD Analytical instruments. We are looking for an experienced individual contributor to build our next generation XRF flagship product.
• Design, Code and Test QT/C++ based user interface and Middleware software components
• Software system integration involving internal and external software components(API’s)
• Supports sustaining and new product development
SKILLS - EXPERIENCE
• 2+ years as senior Qt/UI programmer
o Experience working with QML, Qt Creator, Quick, Qmake, XML, SQLlite, TCP sockets
o Experience designing, implementing, testing and deploying reusable QT UI for small screen devices and PC/tablets
o Porting middleware windows(VC++) code to QT is a MAJOR plus
• 5+ years of experience writing multi-threaded C++ Windows or Linux applications
• Solid understanding of OO design patterns is a plus
• Test driven development experience is a plus
• Team player with strong collaboration and communication skills
• BSCS/EE, MS preferred, with 5-10 years of relevant experience.
Olympus provides an industry-leading portfolio of innovative test, measurement, and imaging instruments. Leading edge testing technologies include remote visual inspection, microscopy, ultrasound, phased array, eddy current, eddy current array, X-ray fluorescence and diffraction, high speed video, and optical metrology. Our products include ultrasonic flaw detectors and thickness gages, videoscopes, borescopes, microscopes, high speed video cameras, in-line and advanced nondestructive testing systems, XRF and XRD analyzers, interferometers, and a large selection of industrial scanners, probes, software programs, and instrument accessories. Olympus instruments are used in industrial and research applications ranging from aerospace, power generation, petrochemical, manufacturing, and automotive to consumer products. Olympus instruments contribute to the quality of products and add to the safety of infrastructure and facilities.
Olympus IMS is an equal opportunity firm. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or veteran status.
is relocation & visa offer by company ?