[SOLVED] Do I have to rebuild Qt using nmake every time I want to build my project using qmake and nmake

• Hello,

I am currently building my Qt project for WEC7. It seems that every time I want to rebuild my project from the command line I have to first build all of Qt using nmake from the command line. This takes an enormous amount of time. If I leave the command line dialog open after building Qt then I can rebuild my project as I want using "qmake && nmake". But the instant I close the console window I have to rebuild all of Qt because it does not recognize qmake unless I finished rebuilding Qt from that console window when building my project. This can't be right. Does anyone know a way so that I don't have to rebuild all of Qt when I just want to rebuild my project after closing my computer or closing the command console window?

Thanks

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You either have to provide the full path to qmake when you want to call it, or have it in your PATH environment variable.

IIRC there is a bat script in Qt's folder that you can call from the console to setup your command line.

But beside that, why don't you use Qt creator for your project ? It would handle all that for you.

• [quote author="SGaist" date="1374176724"]Hi,

You either have to provide the full path to qmake when you want to call it, or have it in your PATH environment variable.

IIRC there is a bat script in Qt's folder that you can call from the console to setup your command line.

But beside that, why don't you use Qt creator for your project ? It would handle all that for you.[/quote]

How do you provide the full path to qmake from the command line? I set the path variable when building Qt:

set path=...PATH...

checksdk -sdk "Platform Builder (_TGTCPU)" -script qt-wec7-pb-env.bat

qt-wec7-pb-env.bat

Apparently this doesn't work for WEC7 so I set the environment variables manually. I believe this is the bat script you were referring to?
    But besides that, I use QtCreator and it compiles Qt applications for Windows, can I set up QtCreator so I can switch it to compile for Windows Compact as well? I'm not sure how to do this, it would be great.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Add a new Qt version pointing to your WEC7 build, create a kit using that one and you should be good to go

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.