Error in compiling QT-5.0 on ubuntu linux

• Hi Team

I am new to QT and Forum. Error is coming, while compiling QT-5.0 on ubuntu linux os. Error is mentioned below, please provide any pointer, how to fix it. The commands I executed are:

$./configure -developer-build -opensource
    $make

../../../include/QtGui/../../src/gui/painting/qpainter.h:127:14: note: QPainter::QPainter(QPaintDevice*)
    ../../../include/QtGui/../../src/gui/painting/qpainter.h:127:14: note: no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘QOpenGLPaintDevice*’ to ‘QPaintDevice*’
    ../../../include/QtGui/../../src/gui/painting/qpainter.h:126:5: note: QPainter::QPainter()
    ../../../include/QtGui/../../src/gui/painting/qpainter.h:126:5: note: candidate expects 0 arguments, 1 provided
    openglwindow.cpp: In member function ‘void OpenGLWindow::renderNow()’:
    openglwindow.cpp:137:44: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct QOpenGLContext’
    ../../../include/QtGui/../../src/gui/kernel/qsurfaceformat.h:51:7: error: forward declaration of ‘struct QOpenGLContext’
    openglwindow.cpp:138:18: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct QOpenGLContext’
    ../../../include/QtGui/../../src/gui/kernel/qsurfaceformat.h:51:7: error: forward declaration of ‘struct QOpenGLContext’
    openglwindow.cpp:139:18: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct QOpenGLContext’
    openglwindow.cpp:144:14: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct QOpenGLContext’
    openglwindow.cpp:147:35: error: ‘initializeOpenGLFunctions’ was not declared in this scope
    openglwindow.cpp:153:14: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct QOpenGLContext’
    make[4]: *** [.obj/debug-shared/openglwindow.o] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory /home/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase/examples/gui/openglwindow' make[3]: *** [sub-openglwindow-make_first] Error 2 make[3]: Leaving directory/home/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase/examples/gui'
    make[2]: *** [sub-gui-make_first] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory /home/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase/examples' make[1]: *** [sub-examples-make_first] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase'
    make: *** [module-qtbase-make_first] Error 2

• Moderators

Please refer to this "tutorial":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git. You need to install dependencies before compiling.

Where did you take the code from (git, SDK, tarball, zip archive)?

• Thanks for quick reply.
    I have taken the tarball - qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0.tar.gz

• Hi

Previously I compiled with configure option:
    $./configure -developer-build -opensource -- Error are mentioned in previous mail

But as refered in the document, I compiled with the configure option:
    $ ./configure -developer-build -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests

Now the error, which are coming is mentioned below. Please provide some pointer, I am not getting, which dependency is missing

/home/GMax/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.0.0/qtbase/include/QtQuick/5.0.0/QtQuick/private/../../../../../../qtdeclarative/src/quick/scenegraph/qsgcontext_p.h:97:57: error: ‘GLuint’ has not been declared
    In file included from scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer_p.h:45:0,
    from scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:45:
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgrenderer_p.h:70:1: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgrenderer_p.h:174:5: error: ‘QOpenGLShaderProgram’ does not name a type
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgrenderer_p.h:210:28: error: field ‘GLuint’ has incomplete type
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgrenderer_p.h:213:5: error: ‘GLuint’ does not name a type
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void QSGDefaultRenderer::render()’:
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:175:17: error: ‘GL_ONE’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:175:25: error: ‘GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:175:47: error: ‘glBlendFunc’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:176:15: error: ‘GL_BLEND’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:176:23: error: ‘glDisable’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:178:32: error: ‘GL_CW’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:178:40: error: ‘GL_CCW’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:178:46: error: ‘glFrontFace’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:179:15: error: ‘GL_CULL_FACE’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:181:14: error: ‘GL_DEPTH_TEST’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:181:27: error: ‘glEnable’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:182:21: error: ‘glDepthMask’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:183:17: error: ‘GL_LESS’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:183:24: error: ‘glDepthFunc’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:187:19: error: ‘glClearDepth’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:190:15: error: ‘GL_SCISSOR_TEST’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:191:109: error: ‘glClearColor’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:204:80: error: ‘glViewport’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp:209:15: error: ‘GL_STENCIL_TEST’ was not declared in this scope
    scenegraph/coreapi/qsgdefaultrenderer.cpp: In member function ‘void QSGDefaultRenderer::renderNodes(QSGNode* const*, int)’:

• Moderators

Most likely OpenGL. Install Mesa or proprietary nVidia/ATI driver.

• hii I got a problem in installing qt5 in linux...
    Can any one help me..

• Moderators

[quote author="santhosh" date="1357540123"]hii I got a problem in installing qt5 in linux...
    Can any one help me..[/quote]

You need to tell us much more than that + it would be nice if you didn't hijack someone's else topic. What errors do you get, which distro are you using, which Qt5 package are you attempting to install/ compile, etc.

• im using latest version i.e qt5....
    in which I got some errors while installing it.

Iam new to QT so I need to develop a project using QT. And one more
    thing is that I need to do it in LINUX platform .Iam totally confused
    of where to write the code, where to execute the code wether in
    terminal or in QT itself.
    And I have one more doubt when we open a new window it shows different
    options like c++ project,main source prog etc.... My doubt is that
    wether the source code is enough or we need to add the c++ main source
    code present in the options window.
    Please help me......
    I dont have any source

• Moderators

[quote author="santhosh" date="1357636361"]in which I got some errors while installing it.[/quote]

How else can I phrase my request for you to understand that some errors is not enough? When you say that, I simply have no idea what went wrong on your side... so I can't help, even though I do want to.

[quote]Iam totally confused
    of where to write the code, where to execute the code wether in
    terminal or in QT itself.[/quote]

Yeah, that can happen in the beginning. First, you need to differentiate between Qt libraries (a set of headers, libs, code generators and tools that makes c++ cool, shiny and awesome) and Qt Creator (an IDE that makes creating Qt applications easy). For a beginner (and for most experts, too), it's probably best to start by installing Qt libs, then Qt Creator, and writing code in QtC. It's really splendid tool, I personally find it to be the best IDE ever ;)

You can write code in any text editor, and run it from terminal if you wish, though. I just would not recommend it if you are a newbie - might be a bit too hard at first.

[quote]And I have one more doubt when we open a new window it shows different
    options like c++ project,main source prog etc…. My doubt is that
    wether the source code is enough or we need to add the c++ main source
    code present in the options window.[/quote]

Although Qt makes c++ development easier, and allows to skip some parts of the language, main() function is still needed. Without it the compiler/ linker will not know how to put the thing together, and where it should be run.

Hope this helps a bit. Ask more if you need to, but please make your questions specific.

• hii everybody I'm trying to install qt in linux operating system.It is showing an error
    ""floating point error""...
    I have one more doubt in linux by default there is a qt tool in programming tools.
    can we use that tool,is that tool is same as the qt tool...
    i have tried with that tool it is showing an error that "" unable to execute qmake file''

• Can u provide me the complete installation steps for installing qt in linux-redhat 5.5 version

• hi im trying to install qt4.8.4 version in linux(redhat5.5) os.
    firstly i opened terminal,moved to the location of the qt folder.
    then i entered ./configure command .
    It has done with its configuration.
    Then i enterd gmake command it took several hours to comlete..
    after that i entered gmake install command.
    i got error like this
    """user@localhost qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4]$ gmake installcd src/tools/bootstrap/ && gmake -f Makefile install
    gmake[1]: Entering directory /home/user/Desktop/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/src/tools/bootstrap' gmake[1]: Nothing to be done forinstall'.
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory /home/user/Desktop/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/src/tools/bootstrap' cd src/tools/moc/ && gmake -f Makefile install gmake[1]: Entering directory/home/user/Desktop/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/src/tools/moc'
    mkdir: cannot create directory /usr/local/Trolltech': Permission denied gmake[1]: *** [install_target] Error 1 gmake[1]: Leaving directory/home/user/Desktop/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4/src/tools/moc'
    gmake: *** [sub-moc-install_subtargets-ordered] Error 2"""

One more thing is that when i tried to install qt-creator it is giving an error like this
    ""[user@localhost Desktop]$ t-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin
    bash: t-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin: command not found
    [user@localhost Desktop]$ chmod u+x qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin
    [user@localhost Desktop]$ ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin
    ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin) ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: versionGLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin)
    ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin: /lib/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.9' not found (required by ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin) ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin: /lib/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.10' not found (required by ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin)
    ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin: /lib/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin) ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin: /lib/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./qt-creator-linux-x86-opensource-2.6.1.bin)""\

so please help me...
    rectify my problem...

• Moderators

Qt installs to root directories, you need to run it with sudo:
    @
    sudo make install
    @

As for QtC - either provide that library version, or compile QtC yourself.

• when i install QT ".run" file in linux it is showing this error

""[user@localhost Desktop]$ ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run
    ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run) ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: versionGLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run)
    ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run) ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run: /lib/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.9' not found (required by ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run)
    ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run: /lib/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.10' not found (required by ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run) ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run: /lib/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run)
    ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.1-x86-offline.run)
    what is this error???
    Please rectify my problem

• Moderators

Precompiled package is compiled on Ubuntu. There might be library naming clashes. Compile the stuff yourself or symlink the libraries to cheat the package.

• Hi everybody I got some errors while installing qt4.7.0 version in redhat linux 5.5 version...
    Firstly i have copied all the files into a folder and moved to that folder using terminal.
    Over their I gave a command "./configure"
    Then all the configuration files are executed.
    Then after I gave "gmake" command
    It gave a error like this:
    [user@localhost qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0]$ gmake
    cd src/tools/bootstrap/ && /home/user/Desktop/qt\ installation/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/bin/qmake /home/user/Desktop/qt installation/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/src/tools/bootstrap/bootstrap.pro -spec ../../../mkspecs/linux-g++ -o Makefile
    Cannot find file: /home/user/Desktop/qt.
    Cannot find file: installation/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/src/tools/bootstrap/bootstrap.pro.
    gmake: *** [src/tools/bootstrap/Makefile] Error 2

When I give ""gmake install "" command
    It gave errors like this

[user@localhost qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0]$ gmake install
    cd src/tools/bootstrap/ && /home/user/Desktop/qt\ installation/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/bin/qmake /home/user/Desktop/qt installation/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/src/tools/bootstrap/bootstrap.pro -spec ../../../mkspecs/linux-g++ -o Makefile
    Cannot find file: /home/user/Desktop/qt.
    Cannot find file: installation/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.0/src/tools/bootstrap/bootstrap.pro.
    gmake: *** [src/tools/bootstrap/Makefile] Error 2

Please rectify my problem as soon as possible...

• Moderators

Which package have you downloaded?

• qt‐everywhere‐opensource‐src‐4.7.0

• Moderators

Tarball or zip?

• actually it was tarball but it was unable to unzip those file in linux so i have unzipped those files in windows and copied back into linux and installed

• Moderators

Either a broken download or some nasty Windows conversion bug, it would seem.

This should extract the archive. If it fails, check the checksums, maybe your download is bad:
    @
    tar -xaf qt‐everywhere‐opensource‐src‐4.7.0.tar.gz
    @

• ya i have tried this but it is saying that ""permission denined""....
    Then i have changed the permissions using chmod command....
    After this some unzip process went on and i didnt find the extracted file and it is saying that
    ""nothing is changed""

• qt creator was installed successfully but there was some problem with gmake

• Moderators

it extracts to a directory named the same as the tarball.

• Will be their any problem with Operating System

• I didnt find any such file or folder

• Moderators

I don't think so. RedHat is a big distro, I've never heard people having trouble running Qt there.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.