Improved subversion plugin
- Set a default SVN Repository in settings.
- Possibility to add(import) a new project immediately to a svn repository.
- Possibility to add(import) an existing project to a svn repository.
- Default SVN Repository is pre-filled in when creating a new project from a subversion checkout.
- Possibility to look for branches when creating a new project from a subversion checkout. The branches are actually just sub directories on the svn repository given that svn doesn't have a strict branching concept.
Also I've noticed the "Qt Creator Plug in Contribution Guide" is removed from the wiki so I've no idea how to make the plugin noticeable, if it seems useful.
The most noticeable way would be to just contribute your changes back to Qt Creator itself: It will get you a place in all our hearts as well as the changes file:-)
You can also put the plugin here: https://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_Creator_Plug-in_Gallery
Any idea how I can put it in the Qt_Creator_Plug-in_Gallery? Like I mentioned in my first post, the “Qt Creator Plug in Contribution Guide” is removed.
It is a wiki page, so just edit the page.
The edit button is in the right bar in the wiki menu.
I would really love to see your changes merged into Creator proper though. I think I have a bugreport open about importing into SVN... I love getting to fixes contributed;-)
Thx, I did not realize was a wiki page.
I'll have a look how to get it merged with Qt Creator. It's my first contribution so it's all a bit new.
It is pretty straight forward. http://wiki.qt-project.org/Main_Page has the details. Check "Qt Contribution Guidelines" and "Contributing and Reviewing Code". There is lots of other information there. Feel free to ask in #qt-creator on irc.freenode.net, the mailing list or here in the forum if you have questions.
I was surprised that the default subversion.dll didn't include basic functionality (ie. specifying the repository location).
This plugin works as expected.
Thank-you Bavo Van Gelt.
Glad to hear that it was useful. I was thinking to continue where I left off and finally contribute the changes back to the Qt Creator source.
Please, Do it! The default one doesn't even allow you to branch! keep up the good work!