Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Qt Wifi library for embeded linux devices

• Hai,

I am using imx6ull SOM module , I am looking for wifi c++ library in Qt to do wifi releated operation like connect , disconnect , scan. I found Qt Bearer Management library which will be depreciated from Qt6. Is there any alternate c++ wifi library ?

Regards,
    James A

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Which OS are you running ?

• @SGAIST

Hi , I am using Yocto Thud (kernel 4.14.78) version for the SOM which is running with Qt 5.11.3. And my development PC is running with Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS

Regards,
    James A

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Since you have Linux then you likely have the NetworkManager daemon. You should interact with it.

• Hi,

Yocto automatically introduces connman by default, but if I try requesting for networkmanager, it creates conflict during image build
    And found that connman is more suited for embedded devices. Searching online I found libconnman-qt library (https://git.sailfishos.org/mer-core/libconnman-qt) which is not having sufficient documentation and examples

So for handling WiFi operation I found option likes

1. Calling network daemons in background from qt application and parse the command line outputs
    2. Interacting with network daemons using DBus
    3. Directly using network daemons library like libconnman-qt

Which is most widely used method in the industry for embedded Linux type projects ? And please let me know if any other method exists

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@James-A said in Qt Wifi library for embeded linux devices:

Which is most widely used method in the industry for embedded Linux type projects ?

That I do not know because the industry for embedded Linux is very vast and covers a lot of different grounds.

If you would like to use libconnman-qt, then contact their authors.

Otherwise DBus is pretty standard at least on desktop.

• Hi,

Thanks for the update , I will look into the libconnman-qt library

Regards,
    James A