Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

How does one make a mobile + desktop app using PyQt5?

• Is this possible? I am used to making Qt widgets apps using PyQt5, but not any other type. How should I move on to mobile development, preferably coding stuff once and deploying to both mobile and desktop?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

AFAIK, you can't directly because there's no python interpreter on these platform.

You might want to look at BeeWare that seems to provide tools to translate python applications to a native binary. I have not used it, just discovered it.

If you currently want to go the simple way, you should consider moving to C++ has all the platform you want to target are already supported.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

AFAIK, you can't directly because there's no python interpreter on these platform.

You might want to look at BeeWare that seems to provide tools to translate python applications to a native binary. I have not used it, just discovered it.

If you currently want to go the simple way, you should consider moving to C++ has all the platform you want to target are already supported.

• @SGaist thanks for your guidance. I have decided on C++ / QtQuick / QuickQanava (library).