SQLiteCipher plugin for iOS/Android. How?

• Hello all!

I am using devbean/QtCipherSqlitePlugin. It's working perfectly for desktop. I've got failed on attempts of building for iOS and Android. There are Wiki - I've done everything mentioned. It's not working. What am I missing?

*.pro

ios {

LIBS += -L$$PWD/addons/ssl/ios/lib/ -lssl -lcrypto
        INCLUDEPATH += $$PWD/addons/ssl/ios/include
        DEPENDPATH += $$PWD/addons/ssl/ios/include
        PRE_TARGETDEPS += $$PWD/addons/ssl/ios/lib/libssl.a
        PRE_TARGETDEPS += $$PWD/addons/ssl/ios/lib/libcrypto.a

CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {
    	LIBS += -lsqlitecipher_debug
        } else {
    	LIBS += -lsqlitecipher
        }
    }

main.cpp

#ifdef Q_OS_IOS
    #include <QtPlugin>
    Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN(SqliteCipherDriverPlugin)
    #endif

• Found related issue. It's solving building troubles. But it's still not working in iOS/Android. Is there any suggestions of why?

• Does anyone knows any step-by-step QtSqliteCipherPlugin installation manuals?

• The diagnosis changed ... The QSqlDatabase::drivers() showing me in log this:

1554392864465 StartDB() (Database->open()) true
    1554392864524 QSqlDatabase::drivers():  ("SQLITECIPHER", "QSQLITE")

It seems that driver loaded now after previous plugin recompilations, but data not reading/writing only on iOS/Android. Why could it be? On desktop all is reading and writing.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

In the Run part of the Project panel, set the QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS to 1 and run your application. This will give you more information about what is happening.

• @SGaist Already done it yesterday. There are

QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open

The question why it's happening only on iOS/Android but not on Desktop?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Likely because you are trying to open your database somewhere you can't.

What path are you using ? If using QStandardPaths, then check that the folder you get exists otherwise create it. Why ? Because the value you get comes from the system and is valid however, it's not guaranteed that the folder already exists. That's not a bug.

If you are not using QStandardPaths then you should start doing it at least for the mobile platforms because they severely restrict where you can write data to.

• It was about OpenSSL. it's not working if there no OpenSSL. Make sure that OpenSSL is working properly in Qt Project.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.