QtCreator takes a long time to load DLLs during debug session

• I've recently added a few files to my project (nothing much - just a few QWidget forms and a couple of small svg files to the qrc), but now it takes several minutes to launch my program via the debugger. Looking at the status bar in the debug window, QtCreator is loading one dll after another, some of which belong to programs that could not possible be relevant. This takes about 3 minutes all together.

Something similar happens if I try to show a QFileDialog. There's three or more minutes of waiting while the debugger loads dlls. Some of the dlls are from under Qt's install directory, many are from c:\windows\sysWOW64, and some are from other installed programs that should have nothing to do with my code or Qt.

I'm wondering what's going on. Can I reduce this load?

• Moderators

@kitfox Did you try to disable your anti-virus software to see whether it makes a difference?

• I disabled it, but that did not change anything.

• My debugger log is over 1000 lines long. Looking through it, you can see the same dlls being loaded and unloaded many times over. Here's a snippet from the tail end of my log:

>=thread-created,id="15",group-id="i1"
    sThread 15 created.
    >~"[New Thread 29348.0x9258]\n"
    s[New Thread 29348.0x9258]
    >*running,thread-id="all"
    >=library-loaded,id="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\ntmarta.dll",target-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\ntmarta.dll",host-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\ntmarta.dll",symbols-loaded="0",thread-group="i1"
    sLibrary C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ntmarta.dll loaded.

>=library-loaded,id="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",target-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",host-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",symbols-loaded="0",thread-group="i1"
    sLibrary C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WinTypes.dll loaded.

>=library-loaded,id="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",target-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",host-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",symbols-loaded="0",thread-group="i1"

>=library-unloaded,id="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\ntmarta.dll",target-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\ntmarta.dll",host-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\ntmarta.dll",thread-group="i1"
    sLibrary C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ntmarta.dll unloaded.
    >=library-unloaded,id="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",target-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",host-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",thread-group="i1"
    sLibrary C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WinTypes.dll unloaded.
    >=library-unloaded,id="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",target-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",host-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\WinTypes.dll",thread-group="i1"
    sLibrary C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WinTypes.dll unloaded.

>=library-loaded,id="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\ntmarta.dll",target-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\ntmarta.dll",host-name="C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\ntmarta.dll",symbols-loaded="0",thread-group="i1"
    sLibrary C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ntmarta.dll loaded.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.