Project ERROR: Cannot run compiler 'g++'

• Hi,
    I just reinstalled Qt and Qt creator on a windows 10 machine and am having this error. I tried to spend some time on it and could not find a solution. I am hoping someone smarter than me can provide some insight on how to solve the problem. Qt Version 5.11.

Project ERROR: Cannot run compiler 'g++'. Output:
    ===================
    ===================
    Maybe you forgot to setup the environment?
    11:00:09: The process "C:\Qt\5.11.0\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe" exited with code 3.
    Error while building/deploying project 6528Test (kit: MyKit)
    When executing step "qmake"

I am using mingw 5.3 and used the online installer, just like every time before. Also when I load projects at the start I get this error, and nothing but the .pro file is loaded.

Running Windows Runtime device detection.
    No winrtrunner.exe found.

What is interesting is at one point I had Qt installed and running, and then suddenly it was removed from the machine - since then I am having this issue. I did add the mingw compiler directory to the windows Path variable and can call it freely in the cmd prompt.

g++ --version
    g++ (i686-posix-dwarf-rev0, Built by MinGW-W64 project) 5.3.0
    Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
    warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I have looked and looked for awhile and tried a few things that I see but everyone's reponse on problems is that MSVC++ compiler is missing but I am using mingw not MSVC++.

Here's MyKiy:
    0_1542201929702_5f219fc0-1b50-4583-a95b-178879eb74b3-image.png

• Moderators

@MrShawn Did you try to delete the *.pro.user file?

• I just tried that, no luck still got the same errors.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Did you check the PATH environment variable in the Build part of the Project panel ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.