Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
Compiling from Source under VS2017
gtarplyer last edited by
I would like to compile the Qt sources using Visual Studio 2017, using a Solution file. I know .PRO files can now generate the solution file, so that is great! (No, I don't want to use nmake, I want to see all the Qt projects in the VS Solution Browser)
- I download the Qt installer.
- I start the "X64 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2017" command window, so the VS environment variables are correctly set.
- I go in C:/Qt/5.11.2/Src and type "configure -opensource"
- Everything goes well.
- I open Visual Studio 2017, and under the "Qt VS Tools" menu, I load the "qt.pro" file found in C:/Qt/5.11.2/src.
- I get this error: Project ERROR: Library 'pcre2' is not defined.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thank you for any tips....
@gtarplyer Did you try to call "nmake" and "nmake install" from the command line?