From 10:00 CET Friday 22nd November we will adjust how the server works to deal with some recently reported problems. Therefore there may be a load problem, if you experience more problems than usual trying to access the forum then please PM AndyS or any of the moderators so they can inform me.

QTreeView in QTreeWidgetItem

• Hi, guys!

I have QTreeWidget with QTreeWidgetItems.
    QTreeWidgetItem should contain QTreeView.

It work, but i need to resize QTreeView automaticaly by content.
    tree->setSizeAdjustPolicy(QAbstractScrollArea::AdjustToContents); // do not work

void MainWindow::addTreeView()
    {
        QFileSystemModel *model = new QFileSystemModel();
        model->setRootPath(QDir::currentPath());

QTreeView *tree = new QTreeView();
        tree->setModel(model);
        tree->setRootIndex(model->index(QDir::currentPath()));

// ??
        tree->setSizeAdjustPolicy(QAbstractScrollArea::AdjustToContents);   // not work
        tree->setSizePolicy(QSizePolicy::Preferred, QSizePolicy::Preferred);

QTreeWidgetItem *item = new QTreeWidgetItem(ui->treeWidget);
        ui->treeWidget->setItemWidget(item, 0, tree);

// ??
        ui->treeWidget->setSizeAdjustPolicy(QAbstractScrollArea::AdjustToContents);
        ui->treeWidget->setSizePolicy(QSizePolicy::Preferred, QSizePolicy::Preferred);
    }

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
        QMainWindow(parent),
        ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
        ui->setupUi(this);

addTreeView();
        addTreeView();
    }

How it can be implemented?

• Qt Champions 2018

@Craetor said in QTreeView in QTreeWidgetItem:

QTreeWidgetItem should contain QTreeView.

I don't understand this: do you mean an item in your tree should contain another tree?!

• @jsulm, yes, on screenshot you can see tree QTreeWidget with QTreeWidgetItem which the contain QTreeView.
    But QTreeView can't execute setSizeAdjustPolicy - AdjustToContents.

• This can't be solved with a single QTreeWidget and a clever model instead? I'm surprised you got this to work.

• @qwasder85,
    how it can be solved?

• I fixed this issue.

1. QTreeView return correct sizeHint for AdjustToContents.
    2. I implemented QStyledItemDelegate for sending sizeHint to QTreeWidgetItem from the QTreeView and force call QTreeWidget updateGeometries.
    3. Child class of QTreeView call SetData(0, Qt::SizeHintRole, sizeHint()) for QTreeWidgetItem on expanded and collapsed

it work fine, may be it very strange way, but i don't known another)

QSize CSResizeDelegate::sizeHint(const QStyleOptionViewItem&, const QModelIndex& index) const
    {
        CSResizableTreeWidgetItem *item = static_cast<CSResizableTreeWidgetItem*>(index.internalPointer());
        if(item->treeWidget())
            ((CSResizableTreeWidget*)item->treeWidget())->updateGeometriesPublic(); // force call QTreeWidget::updateGeometries
        return item->getTree()->sizeHint(); // return QTreeView::sizeHint
    }

alt text

• @Craetor
    Just to say: I don't really know what you're trying to achieve here. You say you're nesting QTreeViews within QTreeWidget, why do you not just use 2 separate QTreeWidget/Views? But I may not be understanding...

• @JonB
    This code is a small example to find solution.
    In my real project i need to show tree with different items and nested trees.