Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

QMYSQL driver not loaded..

• Re: QMYSQL driver not loaded on mac

Hi,
    I have the same problem.. read, try, re-try.. but don't work..

Mac os X 10.13.6 / MySql 5.7 / Qt 5.11.2

i've read many post, try several times with "otool" and "install_name_tool" but i can't connect with mysql database..

0_1536655393054_Schermata 2018-09-11 alle 10.42.03.png

this is the result..

0_1536655455828_Schermata 2018-09-11 alle 10.43.39.png 0_1536655465731_Schermata 2018-09-11 alle 10.43.53.png

Anyone can help me please?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Start your application with the QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS environment variable set to 1 to see exactly what is happening.

• @SGaist said in QMYSQL driver not loaded..:

QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS environment variable set to 1

ok, i post the "DRIVER SQL" part of console msg:

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers" ...
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/0tz#"
    QMachOParser: '/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/0tz#' is not a valid Mach-O binary (file too small)
    "'/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/0tz#' is not a valid Mach-O binary (file too small)" 
             not a plugin
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib, metadata=
    {
        "IID": "org.qt-project.Qt.QSqlDriverFactoryInterface",
        "MetaData": {
            "Keys": [
                "QSQLITE"
            ]
        },
        "className": "QSQLiteDriverPlugin",
        "debug": false,
        "version": 330498
    }

Got keys from plugin meta data ("QSQLITE")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite_debug.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite_debug.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QSQLITE"
            ]
        },
        "debug": true,
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QMYSQL3",
                "QMYSQL"
            ]
        },
        "className": "QMYSQLDriverPlugin",
    }

Got keys from plugin meta data ("QMYSQL3", "QMYSQL")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QMYSQL3",
                "QMYSQL"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QPSQL7",
                "QPSQL"
            ]
        },
        "className": "QPSQLDriverPlugin",
    }

Got keys from plugin meta data ("QPSQL7", "QPSQL")
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql_debug.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql_debug.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QPSQL7",
                "QPSQL"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/Users/matteo/Desktop/C++/QT/EasyGest/build-EasyGest-Desktop_Qt_5_11_2_clang_64bit18-Debug/EasyGest.app/Contents/MacOS/sqldrivers" ...
    Cannot load library /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib: (dlopen(/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib, 133): Library not loaded: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.20.dylib
      Referenced from: /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib
      Reason: image not found)
    QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib" : "Cannot load library /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib: (dlopen(/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib, 133): Library not loaded: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.20.dylib\n  Referenced from: /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib\n  Reason: image not found)"
    QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded
    QSqlDatabase: available drivers: QSQLITE QMYSQL QMYSQL3 QPSQL QPSQL7

i don't understand.. i think the problem is point to "0tz#"" ??? directory in "sqldrivers"..
    what i have to do to fix it??

Thanks in advance.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Where is your libmysqlclient.XX.dylib file located on your machine ?

• @SGaist said in QMYSQL driver not loaded..:

libmysqlclient.XX.dylib

i found "libmysqlclient.20.dylib" in:

/opt/local/lib/mysql57/mysql/

folder

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then fix that path using install_name_tool

• i can't fix it..

i try with

0_1536758727291_Schermata 2018-09-12 alle 15.23.08.png

but no solutions..

where is the problem??

• Lifetime Qt Champion

What are you trying to modify libmysqlclient.20.dylib ?

It's the plugin that you should update.

Note that the entry ending with 0tz# doesn't make any sense.

• how can i update the plugin???

i havo to use install_name_tool?

sorry but i'm beginner with Qt

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Yes, that's the tool.

It has nothing to do with Qt. It's macOS library management. If you search the forum a bit, you can find many threads about the same topic.

• @TheCipo76 said in QMYSQL driver not loaded..:

/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/0tz#

i don't understand what i have to do with install_name_tool

how can i update plugin??

i've tried some times but i can't find the right way..

install_name_tool -change /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/0tz#  /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers /opt/local/lib/mysql57/mysql/libqsqlmysql.dylib

give me this error..

error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/install_name_tool: can't open file: /opt/local/lib/mysql57/mysql/libqsqlmysql.dylib (No such file or directory)

can you help me please?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

That error is pretty clear: there's no libqsqlmysql.dylib in /opt/local/lib/mysql57/mysql/ which is normal since that's a Qt plugin and it has nothing to do in the MySQL install folder.

Did you even tried to read the documentation of install_name_tool ?

install_name_tool -change old new input :

• old is the old path you want to change
    • new is the path which you want to use in place of old
    • input is either a library or an application where you want to do the modification.

Note that both old and new are path to libraries.

• hi, yes i read man page before try .. but i can't solve..

i've tried with:

install_name_tool -change /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/0tz#  /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib

but the path is the same..

this is the console message:

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers" ...
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/0tz#"
    QMachOParser: '/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/0tz#' is not a valid Mach-O binary (file too small)
    "'/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/0tz#' is not a valid Mach-O binary (file too small)" 
             not a plugin
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QSQLITE"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite_debug.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite_debug.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QSQLITE"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QMYSQL3",
                "QMYSQL"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QMYSQL3",
                "QMYSQL"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QPSQL7",
                "QPSQL"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql_debug.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql_debug.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QPSQL7",
                "QPSQL"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/Users/matteo/Desktop/C++/QT/EasyGest/build-EasyGest-Desktop_Qt_5_11_2_clang_64bit18-Debug/EasyGest.app/Contents/MacOS/sqldrivers" ...
    Cannot load library /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib: (dlopen(/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib, 133): Library not loaded: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.20.dylib
      Referenced from: /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib
      Reason: image not found)
    QLibraryPrivate::loadPlugin failed on "/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib" : "Cannot load library /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib: (dlopen(/Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib, 133): Library not loaded: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.20.dylib\n  Referenced from: /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib\n  Reason: image not found)"
    QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL driver not loaded

where is the problem this time??

why the only plugin with problems is the one i need and the other's seem to be ok??

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Again that's wrong. This is a list of libraries and where you can find them, you are trying to change that for just a folder so it won't work.

Re-run otool -Lon the plugin to see the exact list.

As for MySQL:

install_name_tool -change /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.20.dylib /opt/local/lib/mysql57/mysql/libmysqlclient.20.dylib /Users/matteo/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib

• Ok, finally work!

Thank you for patience and constancy you've used with me.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@TheCipo76 said in QMYSQL driver not loaded..:

Ok, finally work!

Can you please make the thread as solved then? Thx.

• i've installed Qt in another mac and i've the same problem

i run otool -L and this is reply:

libqsqlmysql.dylib:
    	libqsqlmysql.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
    	@rpath/QtSql.framework/Versions/5/QtSql (compatibility version 5.11.0, current version 5.11.2)
    	@rpath/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (compatibility version 5.11.0, current version 5.11.2)
    	/System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
    	/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 275.0.0)
    	/usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.21.dylib (compatibility version 20.0.0, current version 20.0.0)
    	/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 307.5.0)
    	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1238.50.2)

i've checked the path and it's OK (fixed with install_name_tool -change...)

when i run my App (with QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS set to 1)
    i've this debug result:

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers" ...
    QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QSQLITE"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite_debug.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlite_debug.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QSQLITE"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QMYSQL3",
                "QMYSQL"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql_debug.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QMYSQL3",
                "QMYSQL"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QPSQL7",
                "QPSQL"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql_debug.dylib"
    Found metadata in lib /Users/matteomissora/Qt/5.11.2/clang_64/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlpsql_debug.dylib, metadata=
    {
                "QPSQL7",
                "QPSQL"
            ]
        },
    }

QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/Users/matteomissora/build-EasyGest-Desktop_Qt_5_11_2_clang_64bit18-Debug/EasyGest.app/Contents/MacOS/sqldrivers" ...
    QSqlDatabase: MYSQL driver not loaded

why don't work?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Because you have a type: it's QMYSQL you only wrote MYSQL.

• i missed..
    i didn' see it..
    Thank you..