Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

qmake loop and i can't run qt sample app

• Hello,
    from minutes ago i changed my windows version with a new one and start installing QT, i want to test a sample app hello world before i start work on my projects, when i pressed to run the sample i got this

23:00:00: Running steps for project SecondTestQt...
    23:00:00: Starting: "C:\Qt\Qt5.11.1\5.11.1\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe" "D:\WorkPlace\c++ Projects\SecondTestQt\SecondTestQt.pro" -spec win32-g++ "CONFIG+=debug" "CONFIG+=qml_debug"
    23:00:01: The process "C:\Qt\Qt5.11.1\5.11.1\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe" exited normally.
    23:00:01: Starting: "C:\Qt\Qt5.11.1\Tools\mingw530_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe" qmake_all
    C:\Qt\Qt5.11.1\5.11.1\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile ..\SecondTestQt\SecondTestQt.pro -spec win32-g++ "CONFIG+=debug" "CONFIG+=qml_debug"
    C:\Qt\Qt5.11.1\5.11.1\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile ..\SecondTestQt\SecondTestQt.pro -spec win32-g++ "CONFIG+=debug" "CONFIG+=qml_debug"
    23:00:08: The process "C:\Qt\Qt5.11.1\Tools\mingw530_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe" exited with code -1.
    23:00:08: Canceled build/deployment.
    23:00:08: Elapsed time: 00:07.

if i leave it, it will continue the loop, now how can i solve this problem by a clear steps i searched on qt qmake loop i found something about timestamp and so on but i did not understand anything no solution, this my first time to face such kind of problem, as the time mention here when i installed my windows i change the location after installation to my country to set my time correctly i don't know if this help.
    Thanks in advance.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

hi
    So it does this with a fresh sample ?
    I mean you did create it after you updated windows and
    setting the time zone to correct location ?
    I have only seen this with files that had time stamp in the future/past so
    first step is to check the actual files in file manger and see what timestamps they have compared
    to the actual system clock.

• yes this happened on creating a new project a fresh sample not old project, i set up my date and time setting after install QT i don't know also if this help

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What you can try is to modify all the files of your project, including the .pro file, to ensure their modification date matches your current date/time settings.

• how should I for every project to go throw all its file and change it's date and time to the current and then open it fast in QT to match it?
    if I uninstall qt and reinstall it, can this solve the problem?

• all my project files are old than the current date

• i go to the qmake in the QT folder i found it modify in a date in the future i unistall the QT and reinstall it in my country correct date and it worked now