Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Looking for help with QPrinter

• Hello there.

I'm struggling to get QPrinter to work in my project and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

When I build the project I get "'QPrinter' was not declared in this scope". That's basically all I get for errors.

Within my .cpp file where I'm making a QPrinter object I have:
    #include <QPrinter>

In my .pro file I have:
    QT += printsupport

Does anyone have any tips around what I can try to debug this?

• Moderators

@Stewguy said in Looking for help with QPrinter:

QPrinter

Hi,

first of, did you rerun qmake / delete your build folder for a clean rebuild after adding QT += printsupport ?
    this is the most common error people have

second,
    for what platform do you try to use the modul for, IIRC I tried to use it to create a pdf on mobile devices and I had to fall back to QPdfWriter

• @Stewguy
    After you have acted on @J-Hilk 's comments, your code does not in itself show where you actually attempt to use QPrinter?

• You could try out one of the examples that uses QPrinter, e.g. the Font Sampler. If you have trouble there as well, it's probably a system or Qt configuration issue. If not, it's probably something in your project.

• @Asperamanca said in Looking for help with QPrinter:

You could try out one of the examples that uses QPrinter, e.g. the Font Sampler. If you have trouble there as well, it's probably a system or Qt configuration issue. If not, it's probably something in your project.

Thanks for pointing out the example, it ended up leading me to the solution.

What resolved it:

The QT template added the following lines into my .pro file

INCLUDEPATH += $$PWD/../../../../Qt/5.11.0/winrt_x86_msvc2017/include
    DEPENDPATH += $$PWD/../../../../Qt/5.11.0/winrt_x86_msvc2017/include

Something about those was causing QPrinter not to load. Once I removed those lines the project was able to Build and Run.

Thanks for the help everyone!