Changing a parent of a widget in qt creator designer.

• Hello. How can I do the subject?
    I have searched the internet but only solution i found is cutting/pasting a widget. I can't use it because it changes a widget position. Why is it so painfully hard to do?

• Moderators

@OmegaDoom Parent of a widget is the widget where the child widget is placed. So, if your child widget is on widget A, then A is its parent. If you want widget B to be the parent then you need to move the child to B. You can't put the child on A and have B as parent. And why would you want this? What is your use case?

• Yes, it's what my question about. How can I move existing widgets to another parent? The only way I found so far by cutting/pasting. But it's not suitable because it changes widget position and not good for moving many widgets. The only other solutions i can come up with is to edit form manually. Do I really need to do this? And it changes absolute position - sucks.
    My case is simple - I want to move some widgets to a frame in order or enable/disable them by enabling/disabling their parent.

• Moderators

@OmegaDoom Why not simply drag and drop the widget to the new parent? Works fine for me.
    And I still don't understand how you want to change parent of a widget without changing its position? The new parent is another widget at another position, so you have to move your child widget to another position.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.