Bluetooth Examples on Windows

• Hi!

I've been searching for a solution for my problem in the Bluetooth Examples for quite a bit on my problem but I can't seemed to find any

I am currently using Qt5.10 with a MinGW 5.3 32bit compiler running on Windows 7 64bit.
    I have cloned the wip/win from qt/qtconnectivity.git and checked out the wip/win.
    Everything runs fine and I was able to build the project.

However, when I ran the btscanner example, I tried to pair the device found and activated the device.
    The application outputs:
    "Unable to load 'bluetoothapis' library."
    and the program crashed.

I'm not very sure of what the problem could be, so I'll appreciate any help that's given!

• Qt Champions 2017

@Bemange said in Bluetooth Examples on Windows:

bluetoothapis

Hi, it sounds like win 7 is not supported/tested.
    As far as i recall Qt5.10 (wip/win ) allowed to use more bluetooth on windows 10
    but im not sure win 7 is supported.
    Trying to find out.

• @mrjj said in Bluetooth Examples on Windows:

@Bemange said in Bluetooth Examples on Windows:

bluetoothapis

Hi, it sounds like win 7 is not supported/tested.
    As far as i recall Qt5.10 (wip/win ) allowed to use more bluetooth on windows 10
    but im not sure win 7 is supported.
    Trying to find out.

I see...
    Is there any other alternatives to implement Bluetooth on such configurations then?
    Thank you!

• Qt Champions 2017

Hi
    I cant find any info if its supported on win 7 or not.

if it turns out that win version is not supported, you could try
    https://github.com/ftylitak/QBluetoothZero
    Not sure if win 7 support is included.

• @mrjj actually I believe its mingw thats not supported. And that currently makes it also not supported for Win7

I have a project that uses Bluetooth. If I compile it with mingw, I see the warning in the output box "Bluetooth-DummyBackEnd" or something along the line.

And MSVC2015 and QtBluetooth makes use of Windows10 only files, I believe.
    I wasn't able to make it run on my Win7 maschine.

• @Bemange said in Bluetooth Examples on Windows:

I am currently using Qt5.10 with a MinGW 5.3 32bit compiler running on Windows 7 64bit.
    I have cloned the wip/win from qt/qtconnectivity.git and checked out the wip/win.

1. Nobody tested on Windows 7, e.g. I use WIndows 8(10).
    2. There are implemented the Bluetooth Low Energy support on ~90%, but for the Classic Bluetooth it is implemented only the devices and services discovery.

The wip/win branch is still in process of development.

• I see. Thank you guys for the help!

I'll probably get a Virtual Machine with the appropriate OS if I can't get it to work on Windows 7.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.