Cannot get QML FolderListModel to work?

• Hi.
    I'm trying to get a list of .xml files in a folder using FolderListModel but when I use
    folderModel.rowCount(), it always returns 0.

ApplicationWindow  {
        visible: true
        FolderListModel {
            id: folderModel
            //folder: "qrc:///qml/remotes"
            folder: "file:///" + applicationDirPath + "/remotes"
            nameFilters: ["*.xml"]
            showFiles: true
            showDirs: false
        }

LauncherList {
            id: ll
            anchors.fill: parent

Component.onCompleted: {
                console.debug(folderModel.rowCount())
                console.debug(folderModel.folder)
            }
        }
    }

applicationDirPath is set in main.cpp:

QQmlApplicationEngine engine;
    engine.rootContext()->setContextProperty("applicationDirPath", QGuiApplication::applicationDirPath());

The output of console.debug(folderModel.folder) shows the correct path, but folderModel.rowCount() always returns 0, so I must be doing something wrong?

• Update: The model itself seems to work, only the rowCount() method or count properties don't seem to work?

• @Diracsbracket
    that is most likly the case, because FolderListModel has no function or property called rowCount
    it has count

count : int

Returns the number of items in the current folder that match the filter criteria.

LauncherList seems to be a custom QML-Item, maby that one has rowCount property or function, and you confused them ?

• @J.Hilk
    thanks. I got the rowCount() from the Qt Creator's context help, but I agree it may not be usable in QML. Also, no errors are reported when I use it?. However, I also tried to use the count property, and that one also always returns 0. The ListView I use to test the FolderListModel however correctly shows the files....

• @Diracsbracket mmh, on completed might be the wrong point in time to check the count property, try the following:

FolderListModel {
            id: folderModel
            folder: "file:///" + applicationDirPath + "/remotes"
            nameFilters: ["*.xml"]
            showFiles: true
            showDirs: false

onCountChanged: console.log("Count Changed",count)
        }

• @J.Hilk said in Cannot get QML FolderListModel to work?:

onCountChanged: console.log("Count Changed",count)

OK that works... I'm new to QML and the declarative paradigm and I'm affraid it will take a lot of time to get used to it... and to get even simple things to work.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.