Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Compiling Qt 5.10.0 with GCC on macOS 10.13?

• I was trying to compile Qt 5.10.0 for the macx-g++ platform, but I'm getting an error. Here are my configure parameters:

configure -platform macx-g++ -prefix /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/ -static -opensource -confirm-license -make libs

Here's the error:

Project ERROR: failed to parse default search paths from compiler output

Here's the full output:

Scotts-MacBook-Pro:Qt5.10.0S scott$ ./configure -platform macx-g++ -prefix /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/ -static -opensource -confirm-license -make libs
    + cd qtbase
    + /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/qtbase/configure -top-level -platform macx-g++ -prefix /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/ -static -opensource -confirm-license -make libs
    Creating qmake...
    ...............................................................................................Done.
    Info: creating super cache file /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/.qmake.super
    Info: creating stash file /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/.qmake.stash
    Project ERROR: failed to parse default search paths from compiler output

Can anybody suggest the cause of this error?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

IIRC, the macx-g++ mkspec is still present for historical reason. Don't use it.

Let configure use the default which is clang that is also the official compiler from Apple.

• Thanks, I didn't know it was deprecated. I'll use Clang.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Clang has become the default compiler since Xcode 4.2 and the only one available since 5.0.