Compiling Qt 5.10.0 with GCC on macOS 10.13?

• I was trying to compile Qt 5.10.0 for the macx-g++ platform, but I'm getting an error. Here are my configure parameters:

configure -platform macx-g++ -prefix /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/ -static -opensource -confirm-license -make libs

Here's the error:

Project ERROR: failed to parse default search paths from compiler output

Here's the full output:

Scotts-MacBook-Pro:Qt5.10.0S scott$ ./configure -platform macx-g++ -prefix /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/ -static -opensource -confirm-license -make libs
    + cd qtbase
    + /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/qtbase/configure -top-level -platform macx-g++ -prefix /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/ -static -opensource -confirm-license -make libs
    Creating qmake...
    ...............................................................................................Done.
    Info: creating super cache file /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/.qmake.super
    Info: creating stash file /Users/scott/Qt/Qt5.10.0S/.qmake.stash
    Project ERROR: failed to parse default search paths from compiler output

Can anybody suggest the cause of this error?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

IIRC, the macx-g++ mkspec is still present for historical reason. Don't use it.

Let configure use the default which is clang that is also the official compiler from Apple.

• Thanks, I didn't know it was deprecated. I'll use Clang.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Clang has become the default compiler since Xcode 4.2 and the only one available since 5.0.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.