xcb platform plugin missing with a Qt kit compiled from Qt sources

• Hello everyone,

I have some trouble launching my Qt5 application with a Qt5 kit compiled from the sources.
    Here is what I did :

• download Qt5.9.2 sources from installer (qt-unified-linux-x64-3.0.0-online.run)
    • configure :
    ./configure -debug -nomake examples -nomake tests -skip 3d -skip androidextras -skip charts -skip canvas3d -skip gamepad -skip location -skip multimedia -skip purchasing -skip qtwebengine -skip quick1 -skip quickcontrols -skip sensors -skip script -skip tools -skip webchannel -skip websockets -skip winextras

• and then make:
    make

• add a kit in QtCreator linked to the Qt version I have compiled (/opt/Qt/5.9.2/Src/gtbase/bin/qmake)

After that my application compiles just fine but I have this error after launching it :

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb"
    in "".

If I compile and launch the application from the binaries downloaded using the Qt installer, I don't have any error and the application runs just fine.
    I want to use Qt sources in order to have a complete stack tree in debug mode.

Am I doing something wrong ?
    Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Florian.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Might be a silly question but did you call make install after the build has finished ?

• Hi and thank you for your quick answer,

Actually this was not a silly question at all because I did not call any make install... The reason is that I only wanted to compile Qt, not install it. But it seems that everything works like a charm after the make install. My application can now launch and I have the whole stack tree. That is all that matters to me.
    Again, thank you for the answer that solved my issue.

Florian

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.