QProgressBar not showing

• I have an Extra Form with a QProgressBar that i want to use at different Points. First im using it at the start of the Application, where i download a JSon File. That works fine.

Now i want to download Git Repositories, that are listed in a QTableView. The download works, but the Form with the QProgressBar makes Problems. The Form shows up and closes, but the Form didnt show up the Progress.

0_1516475126024_Unbenannt.png

This is my Code

void MainWindow::on_pbInstallFilter_clicked()
    {
        QModelIndexList indexList = ui->tvAvailableFilters->selectionModel()->selectedIndexes();
        ProgressForm progress;
        progress.setWindowModality(Qt::WindowModality::WindowModal);

int count = 0;
        progress.setMinimum(count);
        progress.setMaximum(indexList.count());
        progress.show();
        for (const QModelIndex &index : indexList)
        {
            progress.setValue(count);
            QString name, repo;
            name = index.model()->index(index.row(), 0, QModelIndex()).data().toString();
            repo = index.model()->index(index.row(), 1, QModelIndex()).data().toString();

if (!mRepo.fetchRepository(name, repo))
                QMessageBox::warning(this, "Git Repo Download Error", mRepo.getError(), QMessageBox::Ok);

count++;
        }
        progress.setValue(count);
        progress.close();
    }

When i use ProgressForm progress(this) instead of just ProgressForm progress, then he shows the QProgressBar, but the Window is very buggy and dont shows centered and is a little bit transparent.

• @Fuel

When ProgressForm is based on QProcessDialog the subsequent might describe the issue of not showing for a while

A common problem with progress dialogs is that it is difficult to know when to use them; operations take different amounts of time on different hardware. QProgressDialog offers a solution to this problem: it estimates the time the operation will take (based on time for steps), and only shows itself if that estimate is beyond minimumDuration() (4 seconds by default).

Third paragraph in here

• Its not a QProgressDialog. I created only a new Form and put in a QProgressBar. Thats it.

The Problem still exists. Maybe someone has some additional Ideas. This Thing with the Duration i will try later.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Depending on how fetchRepository is implemented you'll be blocking the event loop thus your dialog won't show up until everything is done so closed also immediately.

• I remembered that i had a similar Problem long ago. So i took a look in my old Code. I put the Process now in a different Thread. So the Problem is now solved.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.