QAudioFormat with CustomData

• we are building a custom visualization, where I have a data rate of about 650 Samples per second (so 650 Hz) and 8 or 16 Channels. The main idea I have is to use QAudioFormat for this. Any idea if this might work ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Might be a silly question but are these sample actual sound ?
    What kind of visualisation do you have in mind ?

• Hi,
    no it is not "sound" but actual data which represents a wave based on a kind of amplitude. So for every sample I have 2 float values (where one is the amplitude to be visualized). So this will be scaled down to be a value between 0 and 1. So here we have a vertical line to be shown where the amplitude will result into the line height. The second float value will converted to a "color".
    Next I have also a sample rate (about 500 per Second) plus 4 or 8 channels. So everything in fact is similar to sound and I was just wondering if I can delegate all this to the existing sound-classes (so QAudioFormat, QAudioIn/Out, QAudioBuffer, etc.) ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

That rather sounds like an abuse of the API that will make your application harder to understand.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.