QWebEngineView not showing up in QtCreator

• I have just installed Qt, with msvc2015 (32bit only). QWebEngineView is available in Qt Designer, but not in Qt Creator. I tried to copy the plugin from the Designer's plugin folder (C:\Qt\5.10.0\msvc2015\plugins\designer\qwebengineview.dll) to the Creator's plugin folder (C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\plugins\designer) but all that does is result in the about plugins dialog (under Tools>Form Editor), showing me the following error:

Cannot load library C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\plugins\designer\qwebengineview.dll: The specified module could not be found.

I have tried it out in Designer, and it shows up and works just fine. It also works fine if I create a web view in code, or promote a QWidget to QWebEngineView. However I cannot get it to show up in the designer within Creator.

I'm just starting out with Qt, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Moderators

@lightbord Did you install Qt WebEngine when installing Qt? You can do it using Qt Maintenance Tool.

• @jsulm Yep, I selected it in the installer when I initially installed Qt.

• Moderators

@lightbord "QWebEngineView is available in Qt Designer, but not in Qt Creator" - what does it mean not available in Qt Creator?
    Did you add

QT += webengine

to your pro file as shown here: http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebenginewidgets-index.html ?

• @jsulm By that I mean that it is available in the standalone "Qt Designer" when launched from the start menu. But it is not available when using the embedded designer in Qt Creator when I click on the .ui file and view it in design mode. I have set up my .pro file as described in the documentation.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.