textureCube returns black pixels on ATI e4690

• Hi,

I have a simple cube map shader working on my ATI FireGL M5100 / core i7 / Win7 64 bits.

The same QML application shows black pixels instead of cubemap content on another computer having an old ATI e4690 / core 2 duo / Win7 32 bits with the most recent drivers dating from 2012 (8.916 from 4/5/2012, seems to be catalyst 12.4)

This ATI e4690 is the primary target for my application and:

• pixels returned by textureCube are just black
    • gDebugger crashes at start up
    • renderDoc crashes immediately when I trigger a frame capture

Do you have work around to share please ?
    Do you have an alternative to gDebugger / renderDoc to get more informations about the errors ?

Best Regards,

• Hi,

I found CodeXL for debugging and it tells me some interesting things:

• the first call to glGetIntegerv(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT...) generates an error with a GL_INVALID_ENUM, the following calls don't.
    • glTextureSubImage2DExt(...) generates an error with a GL_INVALID_OPERATION, all the other glTextureSubImage for the cube map has the same error.

Any idea ?

Bonus: in Qt5.10, glTexture.cpp, line 454 there is:
    "const int mipLevels = m_properties.generateMipMaps ? 1 : data->mipLevels();"
    and 3 lines downward
    "for (int level = 0; level < mipLevels; level++) {"
    is it normal behaviour ?

0_1515148159289_Capture.PNG

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

I'd recommend bringing this question to the interest mailing list. You'll find there Qt's developers/maintainers. This forum is more user oriented.

• Ok, thanks for the tip.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.