Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Loading a .mov file results in an automatically zoom from the QMediaPlayer

• Hi,

I am heading a problem at my program. Normaly I am developing on a Windows Computer, but right now I am on a Mac.
    If I set a .mov File, the File automaticaly zoom into the video, so it does not keep it size.
    Did somebody handle the problem already?

Example Code:

videoWidgetTransform     = new QVideoWidget(_pMainWindow);
    videoWidgetTransform->setParent(_pMainUi->videowidget);

_videoPlayer =  new QMediaPlayer();
     _videoPlayer->setVideoOutput(videoWidgetTransform);

setMedia(QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::DocumentsLocation)+"/myData/Videos/Wildlife.mov");

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

From the looks of it you are re-parenting your QVideoWidget to what seems to be another video widget instance. What exactly are you trying to achieve ?

• @SGaist

_pMainUi->videowidget is a normal widget in my Ui. I am working with the designer, so I can not insert a QVideoWidget directly... Next time I gonna hard code my Ui.

mMediaPlayer = new QMediaPlayer(this);
     mVideoWidget = new QVideoWidget(this);
     mMediaPlayer->setVideoOutput(mVideoWidget);

ui->stackedWidget->insertWidget(0,mVideoWidget);
     ui->stackedWidget->setCurrentIndex(0);

mMediaPlayer->setMedia(QUrl::fromLocalFile(QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::DocumentsLocation)+"/HEGData/Videos/Wildlife.mov"));

mMediaPlayer->play();

... works properly

I found the reason, I implemented a video ratio function to get rid of the black borders. Is there a function to stop the .mov video from scaling itself, on my Windows, the .wmv videos did not do that. If I am changing my splitter, which is resulting in a smaller or bigger video, it changes itself to the correct size and then, after 0.5 seconds it zooms in again.
    Any idea anyone?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Nothing forbids you to add a layout to that widget and then add the video widget to it.

• @SGaist

But it makes it more complicated?
    I am still facing this issue, on my windows computer everything is working fine. But I want to deploy the program for ios as well. I guess I will face this error there as well.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Why more complicated ? In your designer UI you can set a layout on _pMainUi->videowidget and then in your code you retrieve that layout and add videoWidgetTransform.