Display panel for Qt embedded, what device?

• Hi,
    I would like to use Qt to make an application for 7" touch screen panel mounted in the wall (inside house). Panel is a piece of electronic board which I could do myself, the question is what hardware should I put into such a board to have the Qt running on this board. Board should communicate with the rest of the system using CAN protocol.
    Perhaps there are some "ready to go" devices/boards I could use ? Or microcomputers (raspberry like) that would do the job ?

Best Regards

• @Marek if you could use a Raspberry Pi, I'd say go that way. It's a proven platform for Qt and you'll have lots of references about cross-compiling, deploying, etc. In addition, by using a RPi you can have easy access to CAN Bus boards (i.e. PiCAN2)

• Hi

I'm affraid that RPI will generate to much heat, especially when closed in electric can in the wall.

• @Marek The beagleboard project https://beagleboard.org/bone has some boards with CAN included.

There are a lot more modules, e.g. the SOM fromToradex, but these target the professional market and need a carrier board that you would have to design yourself.

• @aha_1980 In the project I'm doing we are making our own PCB, usually for communication or as asimple digital panel that displays for instance current temperature in the room. Now I need some panel that will display more data, an application actually. Every software in this project is done with Qt, so I thought that instead of ATmega or ATxmega with some graphic from 90's I could use Qt/QML but I need something more reliable than RPI mounted in the wall.
    Toradex seems to be nice option, any more related links?

Best Regards

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.