4.8 on Solaris 5.10 Sparc fails to compile

• Trying to build QT 4.8 on Solaris 5.10 Sparc for a legacy system. When create the ./configure with -no-gui it compiles without errors. But with gui I get following error :
    <code>
    CC -c -m32 -O2 -xldscope=hidden -mt -KPIC -KPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_STATICPLUGIN -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_CORE_LIB -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -I../../../../mkspecs/solaris-cc -I. -I../../../../include/QtCore -I../../../../include -I.moc/release-static -I/usr/sfw/include -o .obj/release-static/main.o main.cpp
    "main.cpp", line 42: Error: Could not open include file<qimageiohandler.h>.
    1 Error(s) detected.
    </code>
    with following
    <code>
    ./configure -static -platform solaris-cc -no-stl -opensource -no-qt3support -no-multimedia -no-phonon -no-webkit -no-svg -no-javascript-jit -no-declarative -no-opengl -no-openvg -no-mitshm -no-fontconfig -no-gtkstyle -no-libtiff -no-libmng -no-libjpeg -no-openssl -no-phonon-backend -xmlpatterns -no-sql-sqlite -no-sql-sqlite2 -no-sql-sqlite_symbian -no-glib -nomake examples -nomake demos -prefix /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.5-32 -prefix-install
    </code>
    I compile using sun CC from Sunstudio 12.1. I can't use gcc because of constrains with other libraries.
    Which configure parameters do I have to set to compile a minimalistic gui release static version ?

Thanks and Regards,
    Gerhard

• ok, all too easy... ;) just add gui to this line in mkspecs/solaris-cc/qmake.conf
    QT += core gui

There are some other pre-requisites too (had already done those):
    http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/48255-The-problem-of-compiling-QT-on-solaris-10

Regards,
    Gerhard

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Glad you found out and thanks for sharing !

Out of curiosity, are you locked to 4.8.5 ? If not then you should consider updating to the latest (and last) version of the Qt 4 series which is 4.8.7

• Grüezi SGaist,
    no I guess I could go to 4.8.7. Not sure why I didn't find that version... I previously tried to build 5.1 but without luck. So I tried to go down some versions due to the legacy nature of that system.

Regards,
    Gerhard

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.