Qt from Source, SSL linking

• Hi,

I just rebuilt 5.10.0 from source on windows and everything is working fine except my Ssl.
    Previously, I was using the Qt installation package and was not building from source.
    The Ssl classes used to work fine with this installer.

Now I have theses error:
    sslCfg uses undefined class 'QSslConfiguration'
    'QSslCertificate': undeclared identifier

I thought the default configuration when building Qt building was :
    QtNetwork dynamically opening OpenSSL libs (-openssl; default)

Do I need to rebuilt with -openssl-linked ?
    Usually, I just want to place the ssl .dll inside the release folder, but now I can't compile my project since I use some SSL code in my project:

logs:
    QObject::connect: No such signal QNetworkAccessManager::sslErrors(QNetworkReply*,QList<QSslError>)
    QObject::connect: No such signal QNetworkAccessManager::sslErrors(QNetworkReply*,QList<QSslError>)
    Problem getting version... "Protocol "https" is unknown"

• I have downloaded "openssl-1.1.0f-vs2015"
    I will try to rebuilt Qt with this linked. in the configure option

Qt Network:
    getifaddrs() ........................... no
    IPv6 ifname ............................ no
    libproxy ............................... no
    OpenSSL ................................ no
    Qt directly linked to OpenSSL ........ no

configure -opensource -confirm-license -release -webengine-pepper-plugins -webengine-proprietary-codecs OPENSSL_LIBS="-llibcryptoMD -llibsslMD" -openssl-linked -I C:\Dropbox\openssl-1.1.0f-vs2015\include -L C:\Dropbox\openssl-1.1.0f-vs2015\lib

ERROR: Feature 'openssl-linked' was enabled, but the pre-condition '!features.securetransport && libs.openssl' failed.

ERROR: Feature 'openssl' was enabled, but the pre-condition '!features.securetransport && (features.openssl-linked || libs.openssl_headers)' failed.

Any help appreciated, I am trying to use openssl-1.1.0f

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You should add the -v option to see exactly what fails when the OpenSSL tests are run.

• Hey SGaist, I'm gonna try older open-ssl libs since I think this is related:
    http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2017-May/027290.html

Thanks, not much more stuff shown with -v

• Seems like openssl 1.1 + is not enough

New version:
    configure -opensource -confirm-license -release -webengine-pepper-plugins -webengine-proprietary-codecs OPENSSL_LIBS="-llibcrypto -llibssl" -openssl-linked -I C:\Dropbox\openssl-1.1.0f-vs2015\include -L C:\Dropbox\openssl-1.1.0f-vs2015\lib

Checking for getifaddrs()... no
    Checking for IPv6 ifname... no
    Checking for OpenSSL... no
    Checking for OpenSSL Headers... no
    Checking for OpenSSL v. 1.1 support... yes

Old version:
    configure -opensource -confirm-license -release -webengine-pepper-plugins -webengine-proprietary-codecs OPENSSL_LIBS="-lssleay32 -llibeay32" -openssl-linked -I C:\Dropbox\OpenSSL-win32\include -L C:\Dropbox\OpenSSL-win32\lib

Checking for getifaddrs()... no
    Checking for IPv6 ifname... no
    Checking for OpenSSL... yes
    Checking for OpenSSL v. 1.1 support... no
    Checking for XCB >= 1.5 (core)... no

Think if I continue the build I will be okay to use SSL 1.1? (QSslSocket, etc.) will work?
    Any way to speed compilation of the whole Qt ? using -mp flag with VS2015? I find making mistake takes a long time haha :)
    Love how easy it is to build Qt, happy that I learn it

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Do you have several version of OpenSSL installed ?

It seems to find it but not a 1.1 version which is a bit surprising.

• Finally I decided to build qt with 1.0 ssl (first command line up here) and it worked well.
    I don't have SSL installed, I just use a downloaded version and link it when building qt (not on my system path).
    Now building qt for osx. I am doing two build
    one with -no-openssl -securetransport
    and the other without theses 2 flags.
    Not sure if SSL classes are gonna work (QSslCertificate, QSslSocket), will try both kit in QtCreator and see.

Thanks for your help!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.