Connecting quit signal in main.cpp for Qt.quit()

• I have an app shell written by others:

#include <QGuiApplication>
    #include <QQmlApplicationEngine>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        QGuiApplication app(argc, argv);
        QQmlApplicationEngine engine;
        engine.load(QUrl(QStringLiteral("qrc:/main.qml")));
        if (engine.rootObjects().isEmpty()) return -1;
        return app.exec();
    }

I want Qt.quit() to work in my application. Based on this forum answer from 2014 from @SGaist I added the following line before the return:

QObject::connect(engine, &QQmlApplicationEngine::quit, &app, &QGuiApplication::quit);

This fails to compile with the error:

main.cpp:9: error: no matching function for call to ‘QObject::connect(QQmlApplicationEngine&, void (QQmlEngine::*)(), QGuiApplication*, void (*)())’

The combination of the heavily-overloaded connect() method and my general lack of Qt/C++ knowledge leaves me confused. Under Qt 5.9 how should I modify my main so that I can call Qt.quit() from QML?

• @Phrogz said in Connecting quit signal in main.cpp for Qt.quit():

QObject::connect(engine, &QQmlApplicationEngine::quit, &app, &QGuiApplication::quit);

I'm not fimilar with the issue, but just by looking at your connect statement, I see a typo:

// to ->
    QObject::connect(&engine, &QQmlApplicationEngine::quit, &app, &QGuiApplication::quit);

Maybe that solves all issues ;-)

• @J.Hilk That solved it. Thank you!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.