Qt 5.9.1 cross compilation error

• I am trying to cross compile Qt 5.9.1 with qtwebengine. But during the ninja build, this error is showing up and compilation is terminated. By default the build is using -std=gnu++11. I tried to force the build to use -std=c++11. But it is not working.
    To be honest, i am yet to understand the difference between -std=c++11 and -std=gnu++11. Can anyone point out what i am doing wrong here ?
    Thank you for looking into it.

../../3rdparty/chromium/third_party/angle/src/compiler/translator/ExpandIntegerPowExpressions.cpp:99:29: error: ‘round’ is not a member of ‘std’
         float frac   = absval - std::round(absval);
                                 ^
    ../../3rdparty/chromium/third_party/angle/src/compiler/translator/ExpandIntegerPowExpressions.cpp:99:29: note: suggested alternative:
    In file included from /opt/arm-hisiv300-linux/target/usr/include/features.h:416:0,
                     from /opt/arm300/arm300-linux-uclibcgnueabi/include/c++/4.8.3/arm300-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bits/os_defines.h:39,
                     from /opt/arm300-linux/arm300-linux-uclibcgnueabi/include/c++/4.8.3/arm300-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bits/c++config.h:426,
                     from /opt/arm300-linux/arm300-linux-uclibcgnueabi/include/c++/4.8.3/cmath:41,
                     from ../../3rdparty/chromium/third_party/angle/src/compiler/translator/ExpandIntegerPowExpressions.cpp:11:
    /opt/arm300-linux/target/usr/include/bits/mathcalls.h:326:1: note:   ‘round’
     __MATHCALLX (round,, (_Mdouble_ __x), (__const__))
     ^
    [7/15335] CXX obj/third_party/angle/translator/IntermNode.o
    ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
    Makefile.gn_run:796: recipe for target 'run_ninja' failed
    make[4]: *** [run_ninja] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory '/opt/qt/qt5.9.1arm_source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.1/qtwebengine/src/core'
    Makefile:80: recipe for target 'sub-gn_run-pro-make_first' failed
    make[3]: *** [sub-gn_run-pro-make_first] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/qt/qt5.9.1arm_source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.1/qtwebengine/src/core'
    Makefile:77: recipe for target 'sub-core-make_first' failed
    make[2]: *** [sub-core-make_first] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/qt/qt5.9.1arm_source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.1/qtwebengine/src'
    Makefile:46: recipe for target 'sub-src-make_first' failed
    make[1]: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/qt/qt5.9.1arm_source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.1/qtwebengine'
    Makefile:834: recipe for target 'module-qtwebengine-make_first' failed
    make: *** [module-qtwebengine-make_first] Error 2

This is the configuration i am following

./configure -c++std c++11  -opensource -confirm-license -xplatform linux-arm-g++ -skip wayland -no-xcb -nomake tests -nomake examples -c++std c++11 -v -prefix /opt/qt/qt5.9.1arm -proprietary-codecs -alsa -fontconfig -tslib -skip qt3d  -skip serialbus -skip svg -sysroot /opt/arm300-linux/target -L/opt/arm300-linux/target/lib -I/opt/arm300-linux/target/include -DMESA_EGL_NO_X11_HEADERS

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

AFAIK, gnu++11 is the C++11 standard plus GNU extensions. Note that you don't need to modify that as Qt 5 requires support for C++11 since 5.7.

• @SGaist Thanks for the information. I can't really figure out why this is an error. My arm toolchain is based on gcc version 4.8.3. I believe this version supports c++11.
    In some other forums, it says round is defined from c++11 standard.
    Can i avoid this error if i skip angle ?
    I am building Qt for linux and i have cross compiled mesa libraries.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Just realised you are using uClibc, I don't know how much of the standard it implements.

• @SGaist You mean uClibc doesn't implement all the c++11 standard ?
    Edit :
    I went through this link to understand the difference.
    So basically when you are trying to compile a huge source like Qt, uClibc may not give you all the standards.

• As @SGaist have said uClibc doesn't support c++11 standard as a whole. I have switched to another arm compiler based on Glibc and this error doesn't show up.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.