Selecting Input Channel for QCamera

• Hi all,

I am using a Hauppauge ImpactVCB model 558 video capture card to capture the output of several analogue cameras on Linux. This card has 4 input channels (3 RCA, 1 s-video). On Linux, the card shows up as a single /dev/videoX device and can be access using V4L2. The required channel can be selected using the "input" setting. I've tested it using mplayer and I see the expected image on two of the channels. So I know the card works. I've used the following command for this test:

mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:norm=NTSC:device=/dev/video0:input=0

Next I would like to capture the video using the QCamera class, so I can analyse the image using Qt. Qt detects the camera at /dev/video0 and correctly shows the image on the input channel 0. However I do not see an option in the class to select a different input channel. Is it possible to change such settings (input channel, NTSC vs PAL) of a camera using the QCamera class?

--
    Karol Krizka

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

I might be wrong but I have a doubt about that.

Out of curiosity, do you have the equivalent line for GStreame ?

• @SGaist, I do not have an equivalent line for gstreamer. I looked at the output of gst-inspect v4l2src, but don't see the input property there. I can change the norm there though.

I've ended up implementing the reading from the capture card using the V4L2 functions and converting the output to an QImage.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.