Convert Visual Basic Code to Qt

• I have this program, Atmosphere Deluxe (http://www.vectormediasoftware.com/atmdeluxehome.htm), and unfortunately Vectormedia Software, the company who manufactures it, designed it with Visual Basic, which can't exactly be accessed by someone blind like me. I wonder if it's possible to convert Visual Basic code into Qt code. I've tried contacting the head administrator of the company, Nick Moulds, but I unfortunately haven't heard from him since August 1, 2012 at 3:48 AM. Nick says that since Vectormedia Software is a privately-owned company with very few employees based in Halifax, West Yorkshire, England, it's hard for them to find time to respond to customers, despite the fact that they used to have a support ticket system that specifically stated that the company would respond to customer support requests within 24 hours. Also, when I originally purchased the software on February 6, 2007, it didn't arrive at my house until May of 2010! This is because in addition to having few employees, the company is having a hard time finding overseas distributors. They have customers all over the world. Shouldn't that be something easy to find? You can download a trial version here: http://www.vectormediasoftware.com/atmdeluxedown.htm.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

It's highly likely that you can create a Qt alternative but it might not be easy. It looks like some sort of audio + image configurable player. Does it also control some sort of hardware ?

• @SGaist said in Convert Visual Basic Code to Qt:

Hi,

It's highly likely that you can create a Qt alternative but it might not be easy. It looks like some sort of audio + image configurable player. Does it also control some sort of hardware ?

No. It's actually software that you can play through any soundcard on your computer. it's basically what you'd call a "Soundscape Generator", which allows you to create custom ambience soundscapes for pretty much any application. This software has several layers, which allow you to have access to a panel for choosing sounds, a panel for importing your own sounds and images, a panel for choosing slideshows and panoramic images, a controller, which is basically a slimmed-down version of the main interface, a sound editor, a CD Player, a scenario importer, an MP3 player, a scenario exporter, an FX rack, a custom scheduler, a scenario evolving feature, an alarm feature, and a sound recorder. Those are the main features that I know, but I'm sure there's more that I haven't learned about yet.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

From your description, most of the part you'll be able to do with Qt. For the sound FX part, depending on what it offers, you might need some additional stuff but that's not unexpected when building large software.

• @Annabelle The only way you can get that to be done in Qt is that you will know very well Basic or QBasic and also C++. It will be very hard to do it but it can be archived. Also, you will need the source code in basic of it. the rest is just to hardcode it yourself... line by line from Basic to C++. if what they are using are some libraries you will need also that libraries but anyway here you have many c++ libraries on the internet that will do the very same thing there - just effects and as far as I can see is just mix of many audio samples.. which can be done easily in Qt.
    Qt is very powerful take a look at Qtractor
    hope that help to understand that that can be done but very difficult - but not impossible...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.