can't install KD Reports

• Hello
    I want to make a report in Qt and when searching I found KD Reports to create reports in Qt I download it from GitHub, extract the file and go to the install.txt that comes with the app which using python 2 to make the installation
    which is this cmd written in the path of the KD report

python autogen.py -shared -release

when I run this command I get this error

-- Using source directory: D:\Build\KDreport\KDReports-master
    Error: Not a valid SVN or Git repository: D:\Build\KDreport\KDReports-master

so what I did wrong cause this error. if anyone has any idea or use KD report before can help
    Qt: Qt 5.9.1 Mingw32
    Thanks in advance

• Qt Champions 2018

You need to clone the repository not download it.

Given the nature of your question, however, I'd suggest you download CMake and use the much easier instructions inside INSTALL-cmake.txt

• @VRonin when I try to install it using Cmake I got this error here
    I tried to give the directory for the Qt5Core_DIR
    but every time I change it to my Qt dir. it gives me this error in the image and write Qt5Core_DIR-NOTFOUND again

• @AmrCoder said in can't install KD Reports:

Not a valid SVN or Git repository

I faced this error and I solved it in a naive way
    just open this file
    "KDReports/autogen/autogen.py"
    and edit these lines

print( "Error: Not a valid SVN or Git repository: {0}".format( sourceDirectory ) )
    sys.exit( 1 )

by commenting out

sys.exit(1)

This will keep the installation going despite the warning.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You need to use -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/Path/to/Qt5/lib/cmake so Qt might be correctly found.

• Qt Champions 2018

Never take anything for granted... I thought it was obvious you should type the instructions in the Qt developer console and not just open CMake and hope.

• run cmd
    • from the console, run qtenv2.bat from your Qt directory
    • from the console, run any other thing qtenv2 will tell you to run (for MSVC compilers it's vcvarsall.bat)
    • cd to your project directory where CMakeLists.txt is
    • call mkdir build and cd build
    • call cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:/kdreports ..
    • call nmake
    • call nmake install
    • call cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:/kdreports ..
    • call nmake
    • call nmake install

The library will be "installed" in C:/kdreports

if you are not using MSVC change the part "NMake Makefiles" with the correct generator for your compiler and nmake with your compiler make tool (make, mingw32-make, etc.)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.