QT windows installation error

• I installed QT on Windows as per what was said in the instruction, but when I created a QT Widget application I am getting the following error :

Running Windows Runtime device detection.
    No winrtrunner.exe found.
    Project ERROR: Cannot run compiler 'cl'. Maybe you forgot to setup the environment?

Also, in my Qt creator project directory I cannot see anything apart from my .pro file.
    So what should I do to remove this error?

Qt installed : 5.9.1
    IDE : Qt Creator.

In my Qt folder which is installed when I see the Tools folder it just has QtCreator folder and no compiler folder. Is it wrong

• Qt Champions 2017

what Qt ? for visual studio or for mingw?

• @Arqam said in QT windows installation error:

No winrtrunner.exe found.

from personal experience I would guess you're running Win 10 and msvc-Compiler 2015 or 2017. right?

you'll need to link against the correct windows sdk package to build successfully.

• @J.Hilk We need to link what to correct windows sdk package. I am new to windows, I am trying to change the value of Tools > Options > Kits to MinGW that I installed but its not giving any result.

• Qt Champions 2017

Did you install visual studio from Microsoft site ?

• @mrjj Is it necessary to install visual studio to run the Qt program or can we do with just MinGW ?

• Qt Champions 2017

@Arqam
    Mingw will be just fine.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.